The Quality Specialist, under the Deputy Country Director, is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and quality of all projects of various humanitarian sectors. The Quality Specialist will work with the program staff and Grants Management Specialist to make sure results are achieved on time within projects and ensure that the programs of WRSS meet internal and external quality standards. The Specialist will support assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and accountability, through building the capacity of program staff and M&E Officers and direct involvement. The Quality Specialist will ensure WRSS’s representation to donors is accurate and of high quality.
**This is an unaccompanied hardship post located in Juba, South Sudan, with expected travel to field locations which experience violent conflict.
- Develop a country M&E strategy
- Build the capacity of national M&E staff to support them in their roles
- Build the capacity of program staff related to program quality and reporting
- Lead needs assessments for new areas/sectors, including design, budget, and logistics for the assessment
- Manage evaluations for existing projects, including design, budget, and logistics for the assessment
- Supervise any external consultants contracted for assessments or evaluations
- Assist the Deputy Country Director and Grants Management Specialist/Project Officer in proposal development and project design
- Develop M&E tools to enhance quality and ensure program effectiveness
- Coordinate the submission of reports to donors by ensuring data streams, reviewing draft reports, and keeping a schedule of grant report due dates to ensure timely submission
- Lead WRSS in establishing/improving accountability to beneficiaries
- Advise on humanitarian standards and best practices
- Compile Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Reports with the Deputy Country Director
- Develop cascading indicator tracking tools at new project start-up for use by project staff
- Provide project monitoring updates to the Deputy Country Director
- Visit field locations for onsite observation and capacity building
- Report findings from field locations to sector experts for their advice and document lessons learned
- Liaise with Home Office staff for reporting monthly indicators in collaboration with WR global monitoring systems
- Represent WRSS to other actors, as needed
- Deputize to cover leadership positions, as needed, both field sites and country office
- Mature Christian with a commitment to leading a life in Christ and a desire to serve vulnerable people
- Committed to the Mission, Vision and Value of World Relief.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Statistics, M&E, or related, Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in M&E with a multi-sectoral portfolio, 3 years’ experience in humanitarian response
- Experience in reporting for grants from public funding (USG, UN, EU, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data collection/analysis apps and software
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in a hardship location
How to apply
In order to be considered, please apply to our World Relief career's page Careers - World Relief
To apply go to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WOR1016/JobBoard/cb5f4eb0-f96e-4b34-9dd6-...