The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Senior Project Manager to oversee the implementation and delivery of projects under the Supply Chains for Commercialisation Programme. This role is based in Abuja, Nigeria, and supports a programme currently funded for five years.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Supply Chain for Commercialization Programme portfolio aims to develop and strengthen supply chains for nutritious and safe foods through improved access to agricultural inputs, improved market linkages, support to businesses to address other supply chain gaps that will hinder access to markets and commercialization of nutritious and safe foods.
The post holder will oversee programmatic offerings such as the Commercialization of Biofortified Crops and the Advancing Nutrition in Staple Crop Value Chains in Nigeria, as well as other projects that seek to strengthen agricultural supply chains while working with key value chain actors to improve accessibility and availability of nutritious and safe foods, especially in states where GAIN Nigeria is implementing projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide oversight and leadership, integrating all workstreams under this initiative into a coherent project, including planning resource allocation and keeping full view of overlaps between workstreams.
- Lead and manage the development of project workplans and budgets and track progress, including direct provision of regular updates to the workstream global leads, funders, and country team leadership.
- Work closely with the Knowledge and Learning Lead and ensure project outputs are well informed and up to date by keeping an eye on the relevant literature to ensure that the project remains fully informed by advances in the field.
- Manage donor relationships; lead and initiate donor engagement and calls in relation to the country project implementation.
- Ensure the initiative is gender-sensitive, and where feasible, gender-transformative working through project design and implementation to continuously strengthen gender focus.
- Line manage a number of senior direct reports including supporting work plan development and performance management.
- Proven track record in project management for agribusiness to improve Agricultural market linkages within an international development setting.
- Experience of working with government at municipal, state and national levels.
- Experience or deep understanding of the private sector especially MSMEs
- Understanding and some experience/technical knowledge in food systems
- Understanding and some experience/technical knowledge of health systems
- Prior experience working within a donor-funded environment and of donor reporting.
- Demonstrated success in building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
About our offer
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension, a highly competitive health insurance scheme, plus additioanl cover including travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
This advert closes on 14th March 2021. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
How to apply
If interested, please apply via;