Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is recruiting an Evaluation Coordinator for an anticipated Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) evaluation of the Côte d'Ivoire TVET Activity. The TVET Activity aims to improve the acquisition of quality, in-demand technical skills and increase job placement rates among graduates from the private sector-led TVET centers. It seeks to provide training to students in the skills and knowledge that are in-demand by the private sector. This new TVET model will be implemented through new and sustainable training centers, developed and managed through a public-private partnership with the private sector in Côte d'Ivoire.
The purpose of this evaluation will be to measure the effects of the TVET Activity on increased acquisition of in-demand technical skills and employment for graduates as well as the sustainability and quality of the supported TVET centers. The evaluation scope of work is expected to include a longitudinal study to understand how the components of this Activity contribute to desired outcomes and impacts through a quantitative analysis of beneficiaries and student results complemented by qualitative analysis of program improvement. The evaluation design will commence once the contract is awarded, expected for mid-2021.
The Evaluation Coordinator will be a key member of the evaluation team for the duration of the evaluation. The coordinator will provide ongoing implementation assistance and on-the-ground support for the evaluation team, including planning and overseeing data collection efforts and coordinating with various evaluation stakeholders. The coordinator must be based in Côte d'Ivoire . Travel requirements within Côte d'Ivoire are not yet finalized but are a possibility. This is not expected to be a full-time position and t he level of effort will be determined once the evaluation proposal is active.
· Provide logistical support and assistance in drafting documentation to attain the necessary ethics and other research approvals from local and national government entities
· Contribute local knowledge and sectoral expertise to the evaluation team during data collection and analysis
· Contribute to planning and overseeing data collection, which may consist of three rounds (baseline, midline and endline). Responsibilities will include reviewing and translating data collection instruments, planning fieldwork, overseeing data collection firm, conducting quality assurance checks, providing support to conduct qualitative interviews and discussions, and other related tasks as requested
· Serve as the local point of contact for the evaluation team by reporting on implementation progress and fidelity to the evaluation methodology, including site visits and interviews as required
· Serve as the evaluation point of contact for the implementing partner and MCA by participating in planning meetings and providing continued support and consultation regarding the evaluation needs, in close collaboration with the evaluation team
· Participate in phone and in-person meetings with implementing partners, MCC/MCA representatives, and the evaluation team
· Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required; master's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience conducting evaluations with quantitative and qualitative data collection required
- Experience working in Côte d'Ivoire or francophone West Africa required
- French and English fluency required
- Demonstrated knowledge of education or TVET programs in developing countries preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.