In Somalia, NCA provides assistance to IDPs, refugees, returnees and host communities affected and has been present in Somalia since 1993. In Somalia, NCA implements programmes in the thematic areas of GBV, WASH, Peace building, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment and Education for Peace and Sustainable Development as a contextual programme.
As an advisor within Protection and Gender Based Violence, the key roles and responsibilities revolve around strategic program development and well as design, planning and implementation. You will be responsible for fundraising, coordinating and networking as well. In this role, monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning, financial management and staff / partner capacity building technical support related to GBV programming are also essential.
The position is a one-year contract, based in Somalia. This position is for expats only.
Start date: April, 2021
Duties and responsibilities
- Strategy and Programme Development
- Ensure effective program planning and implementation of Protection and GBV programs
- Coordination and Networking (internal/external)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning and Reporting
- Financial responsibility
- Staff and Partner capacity building
- Master’s degree in social sciences, gender studies, public health, social work, humanities, law, psychology, sociology or other related discipline.
- 4-5 years’ experience with a minimum of three years’ work experience of Protection in emergencies, GBV in emergencies, protection, and gender programming.
- Experience in working in humanitarian response and long term development contexts
- Experience of supervising field staff required.
- Experience working with local partners required.
- Experience working in Somalia and/or the Eastern Africa region will be a strong added advantage.
- Language skills: fluent verbal/written English communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize while working under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and competing priorities and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and staff management skills, problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically in challenging situations
- Able to handle stress, prioritize, multitask and work well under pressure
- Loyal to Norwegian Church Aid's Christian values and accept the Code of Conduct
- Important and exciting tasks within a humanitarian response
- Important role in a very visible organization, internationally
- Good insurance and pension benefits
NCA emphasises diversity, and we therefore encourage all qualified persons to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, age, disability or cultural background.
How to apply
NCA uses an electronic gateway for all recruitment where you can register and submit your CV, write an application / cover letter and attach relevant certificates. Only applicants using this electronic gateway will be considered for the position.
To apply for the position, click the link: https://kirkensnodhjelp.recman.no/job.php?job_id=185291
You can change the langauge of the page on the top right corner, then click apply job above the advert. Then you fill out all the fields, one field is mandatory, this is "candidate attributes", once this is filled out you will be able to apply.