Deputy Field Logistics Manager (DFLM)-IDLEB-SYNAT-SYRIA
at GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Logistics Department and related programme activities by overseeing logistics activities and outputs in Syria, in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements, and in cooperation with the filed system coordinator , deputy filed system coordinator and logistic coordinator .
Duties, objectives and competencies:
Float Procurement management:
- Ensure that all procurement float procedures in Harem , Murat Musreen and Darkoush offices are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Manage logistics staff under your responsibility, distributing tasks between them according to specialist areas, monitoring performance and providing on-going training in roles and procedures;
- Check and approve float paperwork prepared by relevant logistics staff;
- Check Float Accountability sheets submitted for office expenses in Harem , Muret Musreen and Darkoush offices .
- Oversee the effective communication between Harem , Muret Musren and Darkoush offices .
- Communicate to all relevant staff on orders awaiting approvals to ensure they do not get delayed in the system; and
- Communicate to budget holders and requestors regarding status of OQRFs and, in particular, on any expected delays or challenges arising.
- Ensure that logistics staff are monitoring and replenishing stock levels for all office stationeries and consumables adequately and timely to avoid stock outs.
- Oversee the Logistics Assistants in the maintenance of records keeping and procedures for assets issued to GOAL personnel;
- Ensure that all asset management procedures in Harem and Darkoush offices are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Oversee the management of the GOAL Syria Fixed Assets Register (FAR) in Harem to ensure accurate and current location of all and any assets in Syria;
- Ensure any newly purchased or donated assets are appropriately labelled, as instructed by the logistic Coordinator or DFSC ; and
- Ensure that staff complete Loss and Damage reports for any assets lost or damaged and arrange repair or disposal, in accordance with GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements.
Premises and Compound Management:
- In cooperation with the DFSC, oversee the management of all GOAL premises in Syria;
- Monitor Contract Management Sheet (CMS) and prepare requests for lease renewals in advance;
- Ensure that maintenance and repair to premises is kept up and performed appropriately when required; and
- Liaise with DFSC and C&T Manager on issues relating to security of premises and report any security concerns and relevant security information promptly.
Human Resources management:
- To manage and instruct all GOAL logistics staff under your responsibility;
- Liaise with DSFC and HR Manager in recruiting and discipline procedures for logistics staff in accordance with GOAL HR policy;
- Assist DFSC in hiring of casual labour as required; and
- Manage performance evaluation for logistics staff under supervision on six monthly basis.
- Assist DFSC implement improved systems and procedures for logistics, including provide staff training and development in areas where required;
- Contribute to weekly logistics report;
- Any other duties as directed by the DFSC and FSC /or Area Coordinator in the management and coordination of the Logistics Department in GOAL offices in Idlib .
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors.
- Proven management experience and staff supervision;
- Proven ability to develop staff and provide training on systems and procedures;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a rapidly changing work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required;
· Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest; and
· Ability to write, speak and work in English.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills; and
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics; (e.g. ICT; mechanics; construction; electricity; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; or other).
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply is:7th March 2021.