Based in Turkey or the Middle East region
22 February 2021
· Jouri Consulting (Jouri) is an independent research and consultancy firm registered in Switzerland and Turkey with a presence in the Middle East through staff and partner organizations.
· We’re here to do development differently – more empowering, fairer, more impactful, with evidence. Jouri aims to model fair and ethical international consulting in the MENA region. If you share our passion to make the development consulting field fairer to both the consultants who operate it and the communities who benefit from the work done in this sector, we warmly welcome you.
· Closing date for applications: 8th March 2021. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
· During the Covid-19 emergency, we accept applications for home-based working provided applicants live in a similar time zone to Turkey (e.g EET or GMT).
· Applicants are expected to be able to travel to the MENA region when needed.
· Competitive salary is available.
· Contract period is 6 months with a possibility for extension.
The head of TPM and Evaluation Unit will provide leadership, management, and technical direction for the delivery of Jouri’s monitoring and evaluation services for Syria and the wider Middle East.
The head of TPM and Evaluation Unit will work with Jouri’s team and report directly to the managing partner.
The head of TPM and Evaluation Unit will have the following responsibilities:
· Lead the design and delivery of the monitoring and evaluation projects.
· Support the articulation, development, and roll-out of innovative MEAL approaches and methodologies, that reflect both professional best practice and meet the technical requirements of our donors.
· Develop technical and analytical frameworks, monitoring and evaluation matrixes, and tools for awarded grants and projects.
· Provide technical content for proposal writing for the third-party monitoring and evaluation projects.
· Provide technical guidance for the implementation of the third party monitoring and evaluation activities, through training and other on-site support;
· Manage and provide leadership on independent monitoring and evaluation projects including management of personnel and the representation of Jouri where needed.
Ensures effective management of the monitoring and evaluation contract, focusing on the following:
· Maintain a cooperative relationship with all key stakeholders, including INGOs, CSOs, bilateral organizations, and donor partners;
· Participate in external supervision and evaluation missions in Turkey and the Middle East.
· Produce and/or contribute timely inputs toward quality reports and deliverables for final evaluations, assessments, and research reports; MEL training materials; information dissemination; and a capacity building plan
· Utilize expert data visualization and mapping products, using geographic information technology to communicate analysis and research findings.
· Provide guidance and assistance on the design, implementation, and utilization of project evaluations, such as mid-term and final performance evaluations, whole-of-project evaluations, and impact evaluations, as required.
· Provide guidance, technical assistance, and training to improve the TPM and evaluation capacities as managing evaluations, selecting appropriate evaluation methods, collecting evaluation data, developing and selecting indicators, capturing geographic coordinates, assuring data quality, data analysis and dissemination of findings, tracking evaluation recommendations, developing PMPs, and performance of data quality assessments.
· Provide quality assurance for commissioned independent evaluation and TPM reports.
Education and Experience: The candidate will have:
· A Master’s degree in international development, M&E, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, or a related field;
· At least six years’ experience in managing research and performance management activities, including knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, and learning;
· Extensive experience in research design, data collection methods, and mastery of the design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies for international development projects and programs.
· Strong familiarity with key humanitarian actors and donors in the field, including FCDO, USAID, GIZ, and UN agencies.
· Experience designing and using mobile-based data collection applications such as Kobo, Fulcrum, Device Magic, or other data gathering apps.
· Experience of working in fragile and conflict-affected states, including experience working remotely or semi-remotely.
· Ability to synthesize and present complex concepts to a non-technical audience;
· Clear oral and written communications skills;
· Willingness to travel.
· Proven ability to manage, work on, or lead an evaluation team;
· Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
· Experience with performance management systems, indicators development and tracking, M&E plan development and implementation, data visualization, and GIS tools.
· Excellent project management skills and team management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from different cultures.
· Prior experience managing projects in the Middle East, with Syria experience, preferred.
· Strong and demonstrated commitment to international development and capacity development.
How to apply
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the link below to upload your cover letter and C.V (please ensure that your documents titled with your name )
Jouri is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by international data protection laws.