General Description of Orange:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Assistant is responsible for delivery of a high-quality Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system for Orange inside Turkey.
Duties, Objectives and Competencies:
- Work closely with MEAL and Information Management teams to provide relevant information and data.
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the MEAL Workplan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop questionnaires for each project component and for all project indicators.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Maintain and administrate the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project teams is required.
- Follow-up accountability activities and make sure that all trackers and info are filled properly.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the MEAL Officer with management information that may be required.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed appropriately and in a timely manner in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Support other tasks as required by the MEAL Officer.
- Conduct field visits and work as expected and instructed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Statistics, or related technical field. Other specializations can be accepted based on previous experience.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years work experience in MEAL field.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Experience in data analysis and producing reports.
- Thorough knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, and analysis is essential, Especially the use of MS Excel.
- Proven experience in conducting field studies (mix methodologies) from designing to report writing.
- Thorough knowledge in writing technical M&E reports is essential.
- Thorough knowledge on Sphere, Core humanitarian standards, child rights, HAP and evaluation criteria are essential.
- Proven experience in maintaining a fully functional M&E system and/or leading field team as an Officer.
- Experience in maintaining database design documentation and operating manuals.
- Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to respect the confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. Orange reserves the right to change this document.
How to apply
If you are interested to this position please fill the application form via LINK and upload your CV and Cover Letter not later than 01-03-2021. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline