Be one of our volunteers that aims to assemble 15,000 emergency meal kits, distribute 60,000 meals to families in need and orchestrate 30,000 COVID-19 tests and 50,000 vaccinations on a weekly basis. Our recently vaccinated team of essential workers has provided food for more than 414,000 people and facilitated over 355,229 COVID-19 tests! You’ll continue to work with LA Food Bank distributing meals, and providing support for COVID-19 testing and vaccinations. Our program offers food, lodging, travel, and training at no cost to volunteers.
DM12 is a 12-week service commitment to communities impacted by natural disasters. This initiative is built on 15 years of disaster relief experience, enabling All Hands and Hearts to safely run volunteer operations.
We are offering the following benefits, among others, to DM12 participants:
- Personalized support from our Volunteer Coordination Team to ensure participants are fully prepared and trained;
- Flights and local travel to the volunteer program, and return flight home after completing the 12-week commitment;
- Accommodation while at the program and during any required layover or quarantine period;
- Three meals per day for the duration of the 12 weeks;
- Small stipends to help cover costs during mandatory breaks
DM12 Participant Selection Process
We expect interested candidates to demonstrate their suitability via their DM12 application.
Please check our website for more information about our disaster relief programs; on our volunteer page, you will find current DM12 opportunities and be able to sign up for email updates about future opportunities.
DM12 Participant Expectations
- 12-week Commitment. Participants will sign a member service agreement that states they are able to volunteer five days a week for the duration of the 12-week program.
- Undertake Training. Participants will complete the training and skills development.
- Personal Fundraising. Participants will help raise funds to support the program via peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Advocacy and Outreach. Participants will advocate for All Hands and Hearts by amplifying our message and sharing their volunteer experience.
- Abide by Volunteer Code of Conduct and Terms and Conditions. Participants must abide by the Volunteer Code of Conduct and Terms and Conditions at all times.
- Follow Covid-19 Safety Measures. Participants will follow the safety measures put in place to mitigate the risk of COVID-19.
- Flexibility. Participants should be mindful DM12 is subject to the region's COVID-19 restrictions.
About All Hands and Hearts
All Hands and Hearts is a volunteer-powered nonprofit that effectively and efficiently addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by natural disasters around the globe. By listening to local people, and deploying our direct-impact model, we are able to rebuild safe, resilient schools, homes and other community infrastructure. Learn more at allhandsandhearts.org.
How to apply
Join us for a program starting Sunday, May 9, 2021, and complete the three-month service commitment on Saturday, July 31, 2021. The deadline to apply to be part of this cohort is Friday, April 2, 2021 at midnight EST.