Chief of Party, USAID/Venezuela Monitoring and Evaluation Project, Bogota, Colombia
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The ongoing political and economic crisis in Venezuela has led to severe food and medicine shortages and left millions of Venezuelans in need of humanitarian aid in Venezuela as millions more have fled the country. In FY 2020, USAID's Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance provided over $295 million in assistance to the Venezuela regional crisis with just over $65 million of that provided inside Venezuela.
It is not possible for USG staff to conduct direct oversight and accountability over USAID funded programs inside Venezuela, and it is difficult to assess the effectiveness and impact of humanitarian efforts spread widely throughout the region. For these reasons, BHA is seeking a contractor to conduct monitoring and evaluation of BHA's response to this humanitarian disaster in the region.
The Venezuela Monitoring & Evaluation Project will establish and undertake independent third-party monitoring inside Venezuela to increase BHA and partners' understanding of the outputs, progresses, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected projects. It will also conduct evaluations of humanitarian (and possibly development) efforts to address the crisis, both potentially inside Venezuela and in the region at large. It will support BHA and their partners in effectively tracking assistance efforts to ensure aid is achieving its goals. It will also solicit beneficiary feedback, improve the quality of partners' data and monitor warehousing practices.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for all aspects of project, technical, financial and personnel management. He or she will be responsible for overseeing the completion of all deliverables required under the project as well as overall compliance with the contract. This work will involve team management, technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations. The Chief of Party must have excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills. The position will be based in Bogota, Colombia, but will involve travel in the region.
- Lead program implementation and oversee all technical and managerial decisions related to all project deliverables.
- Ensure the quality of the data collected in the field is valid and in line with the technical design of the project.
- Review and correct, if needed, all monitoring reports prior to submission to the MSI HQ.
- Communicate any monitoring activity shortcomings to relevant parties and take the appropriate steps to improve team and individual performance when and where needed.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables.
- Management of MSI's team in the field, including office set-up, personnel recruiting and training.
- Supervise both long and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
- Ensure quality oversight of all services rendered for the project, including those from short-term experts for data collection, data analysis and other assignments.
- Coordinate with MSI home office on administrative, financial and technical activities, as needed.
- Represent MSI in meetings with senior USAID and implementing partner representatives.
- Perform other program-related duties assigned by MSI HQ staff.
- Master's degree with seven (7) years working experience in a relevant field OR a bachelor's degree with ten (10) years relevant experience.
- Seven (7) years working on projects in the humanitarian, development, or transition field.
- Five (5) years on projects or with organizations conducting monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Three (3) years as a senior manager on third party monitoring projects, monitoring and evaluation support projects, or large-scale evaluations.
- Two (2) years managing or conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in non-permissive environments.
- Experience working on programs implemented in South America, particularly Venezuela.
- Spanish language fluency.
- Experience managing sub-contractors is highly desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.