About the role
Location: London, UK
Contract: Full-time & permanent
Function of department: An end-to-end supply chain solution covering procurement of goods and services, quality assurance and inspection, and logistics through to the last mile.
Main job purpose: Working with the directors to drive growth through sales and business development across Crown Agents’ supply chain offering. Develop the sales function into a cutting-edge, digitally enabled revenue generator.
Main responsibilities of the job:
CLIENT-CENTRED SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT • Qualify and convert new leads in the area of Crown Agents supply chain services (i.e. procurement, inspection and logistics businesses). These may be business-specific or integrated opportunities. • Work with business leads to identify and develop new clients and opportunities for Crown Agents supply chain services • Work to activity-based sales targets (input) assigned by Commercial Director – Trading • Deliver against revenue generation targets (output) assigned by Commercial Director - Trading • Build ‘trusted business partner’ relationships with target clients • Develop relationships with existing clients, leading to revenue growth through an increased order book, or transition into other parts of the Crown Agents offer • Design and deliver sales pitches to target and existing clients, working with other senior members of the department where relevant • Where required, work with the Commercial Development Office and its bid writers to prepare winning bids and tenders.
SALES MANAGEMENT • With the support of the sales administrator, develop the organisational CRM to be fit for purpose; • Data acquisition: Substantially increase valid client data on CRM; • Drive better use of the CRM across the organisation, including basic mandatory requirements; • Develop fit for purpose lead tracking systems and qualification tools and templates; • Utilise client intelligence from the field to feed back into product and service development.
MARKET INTELLIGENCE AND REPORTING**
• Develop wider market intelligence to access new market sectors such as energy, manufacturing and others.
• Monthly reporting on performance against targets
• Ad-hoc reporting to the Supply Chain Directorate, Commercial Director- Trading, Executive Team and Board as required
Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement.
Once restrictions ease, it is anticipated that extensive international travel will form a part of this role.
• Desirable: A post-graduate academic or professional qualification in supply chain, distribution and logistics, or international development
• Essential: An undergraduate degree or equivalent
• The successful candidate should possess at least 3-5 years business development experience, demonstrating success and career progression. They should have an impressive track record of demonstrably exceeding sales targets.
• It is essential that the candidate has extensive experience working and managing CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, or similar.
• It is desirable that the candidate has demonstrable experience selling supply chain services, such as procurement, inspections, and / or freight and logistics
• It is desirable that the candidate has a good knowledge of the international development and / or humanitarian sector OR wider market sectors such as sustainable energy, medical or agricultural.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.