To establish and maintain effective and efficient systems within IR-Sri Lanka that verify progress, capture learnings, demonstrate accountability and measure impact at the national level.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Establishing the MEAL systems
· Contribute to developing the country plan, and quarterly and annual projects and programs plans.
· Develop different qualitative and quantitative tools and strategy for monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs of IRB.
· Develop and review MEAL plan, MEAL framework and LFA for different projects and programs.
· Implementation of the MEAL Framework through a concrete action plan for the whole program.
· In consultation with sector specialists and program team, develop an information management system (IMS) for the tracking of the project level activities, outputs and outcomes.
· Consolidate data and draw analysis and measure program impact at regular intervals (every six months) to address any poor performance and coordinate with the program team to allocate resources accordingly.
· Organize and facilitate training and workshops on planning, monitoring, evaluation for staff capacity building.**
· Lead in the development and use of technology for MEAL activities.
· Co-ordinate the commissioning of independent evaluation ensuring that all programmatic deliveries are measured based on the set criteria. where required.
· Coordinate and manage to conduct baseline survey, need assessment, feasibility study, beneficiary satisfaction survey, post distribution monitoring, midterm and final evaluation and impact study for various projects and programs.
· Provide technical support to various projects and programs on monitoring and evaluation, need assessment and managing research.
· Coordination with different project managers and program managers to collect monthly, quarterly and annual reports from each department.
Demonstrating accountability to affected populations
· Facilitate the development of an accountability action plan for each project on the given template and keep track of the progress.
· Establish and maintain a comprehensive complaint handling mechanism according to IRW Complaints policy and that fulfils relevant CHS requirements.
· Set up community feedback mechanisms and coordinate with the program management on the effective use of information and relevant action wherever required.
· Coordinate with program teams in sharing results of assessments, baselines, reviews and evaluations with the beneficiary community and other stakeholders in the appropriate format at regular intervals and document the whole process.
Organizational learning and capacity building:
· Coordinate with relevant staff at the national level to establish a Community of Practice (COP) to meet regularly and share lessons, best practices and case studies.
· Coordinate with program management to budget and organize learning events at regular intervals.
· Develop and maintain a learning log and ensure learning points are embedded at policy and practice levels.
· Coordinate with the program teams/partners to document innovation and share results and impact with all stakeholders.
· Establish a system to record and disseminate the COP documents at the national level.
· Conduct orientation sessions around MEAL requirements and identify capacity building requirements around MEAL for Partner organizations.
· Supporting colleagues in utilizing MEAL tools for different interventions
Support to program management
· Coordinate with relevant staff both at IR SL and IRW levels to ensure compliance with Core Humanitarian Standards (Quality Management System).
· Provide technical support to the development of baseline surveys and review the survey reports.
· Write MEAL related sections of each proposal submitted to any donor.
· Represent Islamic Relief Sri Lanka at relevant coordination bodies and participate in webinars, workshops, meetings and other relevant events at national, regional and global levels.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGUARDING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
- Minimum Degree in Development/ Social Science.
- Min. 2 years with Bachelor degree in program or development sector/ OR Min 5 years with a Diploma in relevant discipline.
- Experience of working in a similar position in the development sector / INGO’s with all communities in Sri Lanka.
- Experience in supporting the establishment of MEAL systems for humanitarian projects especially those trying to influence policy and practice
- Thorough understanding of and experience in using the main quantitative and qualitative methods used in monitoring and evaluating humanitarian programmes
- Good working knowledge of Results-Based Management, Value for money, Do no harm, DRM, Complaints management and report writing.
- Experience in writing review/evaluation reports
How to apply
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply to the following email address by sending your cv and a covering letter specifying your interest also how you meet with the job requirement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to work in duty station
- receipt of satisfactory references
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer