All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values of dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Shelter Project Manager position is to implement the Shelter project portfolio. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Line management for project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and CC strategies, Bangladesh JRP, and initiate and participate in the development of relevant Shelter projects
- Coordinate and manage Shelter project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and coordinate with the Shelter Programme Development Manager.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Develop (in cooperation with the Programme Development Manager) and manage project budget and coordinate across Core Competencies.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- The Shelter Project Manager will lead the NRC's Shelter and Settlement’s implementation as set out in the NRC Bangladesh Shelter and Settlements Strategy and in accordance with donor-funded Shelter and Settlement programmes, including but not limited to: regular monitoring of project activities, producing and/or verifying technical design and cost estimates, project budget management and project team management.
- The Shelter Project Manager will lead the recruitment, management, development and capacity building of the Shelter and Settlement’s implementation team to increase operational capacity and technical competency.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Shelter expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Behavioural Competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
What we offer
Duty station: Cox’s Bazar 80%, Dhaka 20%
Duration: 6 months renewable based on funding
Salary and Benefits: As per the NRC Scale
This role is open to National candidates only
How to apply
Interested candidates please use the below link where you will be rerouted to the application landing page