About CFI and its projects in Sudan:
A subsidiary of the France Médias Monde group, CFI, the French media cooperation agency, supported by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, is in charge of the coordination and implementation of public aid policy to promote and enhance media in developing countries. CFI is currently involved in around thirty projects that fall within three major programs: media and governance, media and development, and media and enterprise.
Two of these projects, “Kalimat Sudania” and “Aswatna”, are in Sudan.
“Kalimat Sudania” will run for two years from February 2021 until January 2023 and “Aswatna” will be implemented during the year 2021.
The overall objective of “Kalimat sudania” is to contribute to Sudan’s democratic transition by bridging the gap between citizens and the media. The first specific objective is to promote the inclusion of youth in the society and public debate. To reach this objective, the project will implement a sub-granting programme for media initiatives led by youths and/or relevant to youth and a flanking capacity building programme for the grantees. The second specific objective is to strengthen local journalism as well as the collaboration between journalists and civil society. To reach this objective, the project will provide capacity building support for local journalists and CSO representatives and facilitate exchanges and networking between both target groups.
As for “Aswatna”, its general objective is to contribute to national reconciliation and the democratic transition of Sudan through radio stations, and its specific objective is to strengthen the role of radio in national reconciliation and democratic transition by improving the quality of the information transmitted and by encouraging the production of programs dealing with these subjects through several activities.
General description: CFI, the French media development agency, is seeking administrative and financial services for its projects in Sudan.
Contract type: Service contract (consultancy).
Service provider: Administrative and financial project assistant (consultant) - self-employed individual.
Country of duty: Sudan.
Duration: An average of 20 days per month between April 2021 and January 2023.
Contract terms: The Service provider will be responsible for the financial and administrative management of the projects and will be based in the project office in Khartoum, Sudan. The Service provider will execute the services described in the Invitation to tender in accordance with the instructions and guidance of the Project director and the Administration and Finance team based in CFI’s Paris office (HQ) and will work closely with the Project advisor and the Project coordinator in Sudan.
The contract concluded shall be an administrative contract pursuant to the French Public Procurement Code.
The parties explicitly agree the provisions of the General Conditions of Contract for supplies and services and the General Conditions of Contract for intellectual services shall not apply to this contract.
1 Administrative and contracts management:
· Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information, within the team in Sudan and with CFI HQ, to facilitate the operations in the framework of CFI regulations;
· Manage and compile the technical and administrative documentation of the projects;
· Handle administrative issues and requests;
· Identify suppliers and Service providers and handle negotiations, procurement and request for quotations;
· Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies, in accordance with CFI and donor guidelines;
· Assist in the preparation of draft contracts and monitor contracts with suppliers.
2 Financial management
· Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.) in accordance with CFI and donor guidelines;
· Oversee and monitor budgets and expenditures and prepare the budget forecast in coordination with CFI HQ;
· Handle financial issues and requests;
· Assist in monthly and yearly financial reporting;
3 Implementation of project activities :
· Assist in the preparation and implementation of activities;
· Assist in monitoring service providers’ performance;
· Assist in preparing activity reports;
· Assist in monitoring the security situation in the country.
4 Communication and logistics:
· Assist in providing content for reporting purposes;
· Assist in the organization and planning of meetings, events, workshops, trainings and travel;
· Maintain office supplies at appropriate levels by anticipating need and placing orders;
· Act as the first point of contact within the office, answering general requests and enquiries.
Service provider language skills:
Full professional proficiency of English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of French is considered an asset.
Service provider experience and competencies:
· A minimum of 5 years of general professional experience and 3 years in operational, administrative and financial management in development or humanitarian or similar projects;
· Previous experience(s) in Sudan;
· Knowledge of Sudan fiscal policy and national accounting legislation;
· Knowledge of financial reporting procedures and accounting principles;
· Knowledge of procurement;
· Experience within EU-funded projects is a strong asset;
· Proficiency in MS office;
· Knowledge of the media sector in Sudan is a strong asset;
· Adherence to the values of the projects;
· Ability to work and coordinate with a wide range of partners;
· Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure;
· Excellent organisational skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office;
· Adaptability, sense of integrity and responsibility.
Service provider education:
Degree in administration, business, finance, political science, or another relevant field.
More information available here: https://cfi.fr/en/Invitation-to-tender-for-administrative-and-financial-...
How to apply
Response to the call for tender are to be sent by email to the specified email address on the following link: https://cfi.fr/en/Invitation-to-tender-for-administrative-and-financial-...