Risk Management (RM) Trainer & Adviser (m/f/x)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
As Risk Management (RM) Trainer & Adviser, you contribute to the security and safety support to the missions of MSF-OCB in terms of training, assessment and advisement.
You are a member of the Risk Management Unit (RMU), belonging to the Operation (OPS) department. As such, you report regularly to the MSF-OCB Security Focal Point on the state of projects within your domain.
Capacity Building and Training
• Conduct RM trainings at the headquarter and field level (target audience logistics team, Field co; Hom)
• Evaluate needs for new trainings
• Contribute to the design & elaboration of the training’s offer in the RM area of expertise
Security assessment, Risk Analysis & Risk reduction
• Conduct RM assessment & contribute to the Risk Analysis and Risk Reduction process for the benefit of the missions
• Contribute to the design and elaboration of operational tools concerning RM of the MSF-OCB missions
• Contribute to the RMU operational research projects
Security support to the field
• On request, provide an operational support to the missions for the design and implementation of RM procedures in the field
• Contribute to promote an embedded RM culture among MSF-OCB missions
• Contribute to the RM “Individualized support” with identified HOM, Field Cos or Log Co.
Crisis Management Preparedness
• Contribute to the reinforcement to FIMT (Field Incident Management team) capacity at mission level (trainings, E-learning modules.)
• Participate to the preparedness of the CIMT (Central Incident Management Team) (Kit hardware/software maintenance)
• Participate in collaboration with SFP on Partner Section CIMT trainings and/or Regional OCB Hub
Note: The Risk Management Trainer & Adviser is not supposed to intervene during a CIMT (this is SFP responsibility).
• Assist and back-up the Security Focal Point on request.
• Participate to the daily administration of the MSF-OCB incident reporting system.
• Participate to the researches of MSF-OCB in the RM area of interest.
• Previous humanitarian experience with an IO/INGO is mandatory
• Minimum 5 years in the field with an IO/INGO, 2 years in volatile context
• 2 years’ experience in a coordination position (Field Coordinator, Head of Mission, Emergency Coordinator)
• Fluent written and spoken English and French
• Experience in coaching and training of staff
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Knowledge in INGO security management mechanism
• Ability to set priorities and organize his/her own work
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to plan and organize in stressful environment
• Strong capacity to work under pressure
• Sense of humor (even caustic) is highly appreciated
• Adherence to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment and to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
· Fixed-term contract of 12 months, full-time
· Based in Brussels with travel to the Field (up to 30%)
· Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid - Hospital insurance (DKV) - Pension plan - 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs.
· Expected starting date: 01/04/2021
Deadline for applications: 15/03/2021
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae in PDF format by e-mail to Céline Miroir, Recruit-HQ-Operations@brussels.msf.org, with the following reference: “Risk Management Trainer & Advisor” indicating the name of the channel where you found this vacancy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.