What problems are more interesting to solve than making people click more ads? Plenty. We at NRC have embarked on a massive, yet exhilarating, challenge to radically rethink how technology is put to the service of millions of people. Join our new team of smart, hard-working individuals who accept the challenge and choose to shape a better tomorrow. Members of this team are extra special, just like you. They embrace diversity. They thrive in uncertainty. And they refuse to settle for mediocrity. We call them the D Team. We're looking for makers, doers, those who act out of conviction not fear, those who don't take no for an answer, and those who'd rather try and fail than embrace mediocrity. Join us and be part of a global humanitarian organisation impacting the lives of 9 million people every year?
About the role
The Back-end Software Developer will work alongside other developers in the Digital Transformation (D) Team under the advice and mentorship of the Global Technical Lead. The role holder will play a key role in the development, configuration, oversight, and auditing of NRC’s digital solutions, including, when required, those produced by other units. Some of the main duties and responsibilities for the role holder will be:
- Ensure the delivery of reliable and secure software with a strong focus on continuous testing and adherence to software security standards
- Write well-designed, efficient code using best software development practices.
- Prepare technical documentation and specifications on a regular basis.
- Assist in the preparation of instructional and training material for user adoption.
- Maintain production systems, including integrations, and continuously seek to improve functionality and performance.
As our prospective candidate, you have the following;
- 3 years of relevant experience with IT projects and/or working with start-ups.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with Python backend development
- Proven experience with a Python web framework (preferably Django or FASTApi)
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs, both in terms of consuming them as well as developing them with best development practices
- Focus on unit and integration testing, in relation to TDD and BDD, with experience in libraries like Behave
- Experience in building ETL pipelines and data cleaning/wrangling practices
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced agile environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse backend technologies and techniques
- Proven ability to produce well-written technical documentation
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and understand technical requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related subjects, or demonstrable expertise in the field.
We can offer
- We can offer a strongly committed, challenging, and international work environment in a well-known humanitarian organisation;
- The position is a full-time, 9 months engagement with a possibility of extension. Salary by agreement, good pension, and insurance schemes.
How to apply
Applications have to be in English and submitted through this unified post on the online portal ekum.
NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on all candidates.
All of the following items must be included in the application for it to be reviewed:
- Your portfolio, which can be a file or a link with photos, videos, and/or documents showcasing cool projects you have worked on previously and are most proud of.
- Why you make an exceptional addition to the D Team. Please place this in the "Cover Letter" section, be specific, and keep it brief. We will not measure your motivation by the length of your writing, but by the focus and clarity of your thoughts.
- Important: Your portfolio is what your application will first be evaluated by. We cannot emphasize enough how important it is that you show your best work here.
We strongly believe in diversity for a healthier and more creative environment. Talent exists everywhere and opportunities should be open for women and underrepresented groups at all levels. If you have a passion for building products, please share your talent with the world and send us your application.
For any questions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "D Team".
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation's values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
How to apply
To submit your application, kindly click here