Chemonics seeks a Community Engagement Specialist for the anticipated USAID Climate Change Adaptation Activity in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. The project aims to enhance the adaptive capacities of the public and private sectors and local communities in the Maldives and Sri Lanka to climate change impacts in ways that contribute to sustained, inclusive market-based growth. This position will be based in Sri Lanka. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Provides technical advice on community engagement
· Lead collaborations with local government and community groups
· Advises on inclusive climate change adaptation practices
· Advanced degree in social science, gender and youth studies, communication, or another field related to community engagement
· Extensive experience in community organizing, community-based NRM and adaptation, livelihoods, gender and inclusion, and establishing multi-stakeholder and co-management mechanisms
· Expertise in participatory planning, community organizing, and capacity building
· Extensive experience assessing community livelihoods, engaging local communities, and establishing multi-stakeholder mechanisms
· Experience working at subnational level with communities, smallholder groups, village groups, and similar organizations in various cultural settings throughout Sri Lanka
· Proven ability to support communities in the development of sustainable, mutually beneficial, and equitable relationships
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
· Fluency in English and Sinhalese or Tamil
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Community Engagement Specialist- Sri Lanka” in the subject line to SriLankaMaldivesCCRecruit@chemonics.com by March 11, 2021 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.