Chemonics seeks an Operations and Finance Director for the anticipated USAID Climate Change Adaptation Activity in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. The project aims to enhance the adaptive capacities of the public and private sectors and local communities in the Maldives and Sri Lanka to climate change impacts in ways that contribute to sustained, inclusive market-based growth. This position will be based in the Sri Lanka. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Oversees all operations including administration, human resources, logistics, operational procurement, budgeting, financial management, and property
· Provides leadership and supervision in all aspects of project accounting, financial management, and budgeting
· Has the authority and obligation to ensure that Activity implementation is in full compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies and Sri Lanka/ Maldives laws
· Ensures the efficient functioning of project operations including financial, operational, administration, and HR
· Finalize formal or ad hoc financial reports for USAID submission
· Mentors and builds capacity of operational staff
· Ensure administrative processes are carried out in a consistent manner across all field offices
· Bachelor’s degree in international development, management or relevant field
· Minimum of five years managing USAID programming including managing contracts, finance, procurement, grants, logistics and/or human resources, with progressively increasing administrative responsibilities and/or supervisory responsibilities
· Advanced working knowledge of US government regulations in subcontracts, sub-grants, and procurement preferred
· Previous project startup experience strongly preferred
· Previous short or long-term field-based operations experience strongly preferred
· Experience managing multilateral- or bilateral-funded programs, grants or subcontracts
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
· Fluency in English and Dhivehi, Sinhalese or Tamil
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Operations and Finance Director- Sri Lanka” in the subject line to SriLankaMaldivesCCRecruit@chemonics.com by March 11, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.