Chemonics seeks a Communications and Gender Integration Director for the anticipated USAID Trade Central Asia Activity. This five-year program will improve region-wide trade connectivity and harmonization to accelerate economic growth and increase economic opportunity in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan, and will support connectivity with Afghanistan. The activity aims to harmonize customs and border procedures, increase public-private dialog on regional trade and investment, and strengthen cross-border firm-to-firm connectivity. The Communications and Gender Integration Director will be responsible for leading all public outreach efforts as well as annual and quarterly client reporting. The Communications and Gender Integration Director will also be responsible for the development and implementation of Trade Central Asia’s gender and development action agenda, as well as ensuring that gender and social inclusion issues are considered throughout project implementation. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Oversee all communications campaigns, outreach for public events, stakeholder communications, and other outreach
- Create promotional and public outreach materials for the project, including newsletters, fact sheets, media advisories, press releases, success stories, leaflets, brochures, etc., and supervise their production and distribution
- Create outreach messages that are gender-sensitive and reinforce positive practices and transformative changes in gender mainstreaming.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive project-level gender action strategy and plan, including the creation of output and outcome targets
- Train relevant stakeholders on communication best practices.
- Supervise and mentor communications staff
- Advanced degree (or foreign equivalent) in a discipline related to communications, marketing, or other relevant field
- Successful experience working in communications or public relations including communications strategy and product development and use of website and social media platforms
- Experience related to gender and social inclusion required
- Demonstrated experience writing project reports including qualitative and quantitative activity successes; familiarity with USAID reporting requirements and procedures preferred
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong leadership and communications skills required
- Fluency in English and applicable local language required
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Communications and Gender Integration Director” in the subject line to TradeCentralAsia@chemonics.com by March 11, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/