Community Consortium Uganda (CCU) is a local organization in Ugand. Our headquarters are in Kawuku, Plot 787 Block 414, Entebbe Road and have a Sub-office in Kyegegwa-Kasabya zone. Our Vision is to create equal opportunities for all. CCU’s over all objective is to improve the Quality of life for Refugees and Host Communities in the areas of Health (including Mental Health, Sexual and Reproductive health and Rights (SRHR), Education, Economic Opportunities and Protection. CCU is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to accountability, professionalism and zero tolerance to all forms of discrimination.
CCU aims to recruit the following positions for a Mental Health project in Uganda. The Obstacle Race Against Stigma and Shame (ORASS) program is an learning sports programme combining mental health education and physical exercise for children and young people, with the aim of reducing mental health stigma and shame, and also providing safe and effective ways to manage good mental health. In four phases, ORASS will deliver a classroom and obstacle course based curriculum to 10-24 year olds in schools both in the Kyaka II refugee settlement and the wider Kyegegwa district.
- Mental Health/ ORASS Instructor
Duties, objectives and competencies
Support ORASS project trainings
Prepare training materials and manuals
Facilitate and organize project trainings
· Co- facilitate trainings for staff and\or community as required
· Participate in workshops and community activities
Requirements: Educational Background:
· A university degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, and other related studies.
· 1 -3 years of previous relevant experience in facilitating trainings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly vulnerable groups
- Able to work effectively within a team and/or individually
- Well organized with strong time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
How to apply
Please send us your cover letter and CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.