Community Consortium Uganda (CCU) is a local organization in Ugand. Our headquarters are in Kawuku, Plot 787 Block 414, Entebbe Road and have a Sub-office in Kyegegwa-Kasabya zone. Our Vision is to create equal opportunities for all. CCU’s over all objective is to improve the Quality of life for Refugees and Host Communities in the areas of Health (including Mental Health, Sexual and Reproductive health and Rights (SRHR), Education, Economic Opportunities and Protection. CCU is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to accountability, professionalism and zero tolerance to all forms of discrimination.
CCU aims to recruit the following positions for a Mental Health project in Uganda. The Obstacle Race Against Stigma and Shame (ORASS) program is an learning sports programme combining mental health education and physical exercise for children and young people, with the aim of reducing mental health stigma and shame, and also providing safe and effective ways to manage good mental health. In four phases, ORASS will deliver a classroom and obstacle course based curriculum to 10-24 year olds in schools both in the Kyaka II refugee settlement and the wider Kyegegwa district.
You will be in charge of:
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials
- Organize project kick-off and close-out meetings
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
- Support the development and implementation of the ORASS project curriculum
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team and partners
Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan
Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant CCU technical guidelines and standards
Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
Regular update the work plan, output tracker, PMF and other documents relevant for effective project management
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided
Expected skills and qualifications
- A master’s degree in public health or related field
- Project management experience in the required sector, in emergency and/or development
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required (large team)
- Perfect verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure
How to apply
Please send us your cover letter and CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.