PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensure organizational contribution to Child Well-Being and maximum transformational development impact by providing technical support, expertise and leadership in the design and mainstreaming of Child Development strategies, programs and ministry standards in WV covered areas which includes holistic, age appropriate, quality programming, and rights-based approaches and interventions for the development of children in WV program / project areas at each stage of their life cycle.
Ensure age-appropriate, gender, culturally and spiritually sensitive meaningful participation of children in the community development processes. Works closely with Sponsorship Quality Specialist (SQS) to ensure integration of sponsorship management.
Ensure commitment to WVDF zero tolerance towards incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Lead continuous improvement of safeguarding efforts which emphasizes prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) and other forms of violence against children and adult beneficiaries.
Provides expertise and direction in relation to holistic child development, protection, participation, ensuring contribution and alignment with organizational strategic directions as well as contributions to WV’s Child Well-Being Outcomes.
Initiates coaching, mentoring and building the capacity of Field Office and Project Teams to effectively facilitate programs, projects in strengthening child protection system with advocacy.
Provides guidance in technical programming of child protection (CP), child participation and CESP across all sectors & Ministry pillars in support of and aligned with the WVDF Country strategy and in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
Ensure implementation of Child Protection Minimum Requirements in CESP; child protection and participation mainstreaming in TP implementation and CP&A project model implementation in PNS/grants, whenever applicable.
Establish complaints and response mechanisms which WV hold accountable as a safe organization for children in all community-based programmes.(e.g reporting of inappropriate behavior toward children by staff and other WV people)
Provide technical support in utilizing systems approach to all child protection programming – development setting, humanitarian context, and PNS/ grants.
Serve as Field Office Safeguarding Focal Point, including the implementation of the following:
- Safeguarding Training to field staff and WV affiliates. Ensure all partner organizations and volunteers understand and comply with Child & Adult Safeguarding Policy
- Ensure field staff and affiliates abide by WV Behavior Protocols and keeping required signed agreement form on file.
- Management of Safeguarding incidents (Level 1-3) according to protocols with support from the national and regional office.
- Work with sponsorship and area programme teams to ensure Safeguarding standards on Visits to WV projects are met.
- Tracking and monitoring of CP cases
- Compliance to Safeguarding Incident Preparedness Plan
- Ensuring confidentiality of information regarding child protection incidents and sponsored child information.
- Facilitate setting-up and implementation of Community Feedback and Complaints Mechanisms
- In coordination with P&C Staff Care, support staff working on difficult child protection issues/incidents.
- Provides support to Area Program Audit preparation and follow-up in relation to CP.
- Ensure child safe participation at all levels.
Demonstrates Christ – centered lifestyle that inspires passion and participates in spiritual formation. Models a high standard of personal integrity/maturity, demonstrates servant leadership and ensures that a Christ-centered commitment is foundational to every department programs and activities.
Provides technical support to Area Programmes in ensuring age-appropriate, culturally, gender and spiritually sensitive meaningfulparticipation of children and functionality of Children’s Associations and FO Children’s Federation.
Provide support to national level activities that need child participation. Ensure that child leaders are mentored and engaged in age-appropriate activities. Collaborate with advocacy and sponsorship teams in promoting safe and meaningful child participation.
Establishes strategic alliances, partnerships and networks at the regional level (FO) down to local level to assure appropriate government and community support for all child protection concerns.
Provides technical inputs to cluster and area program teams to ensure that interventions and initiatives contribute to children’s holistic growth and well-being.
Coordinates DPA/CESP related trainings in building community awareness. Provides technical support on Child Protection during DPA and community engagement processes.
Coordinates with the Program Manager and/or Area Program Team leader and Sponsorship Quality Specialist in the implementation of CP in CESP and prepares consolidated child protection updates as part of CESP (Community Engagement and Sponsorship plan) report at the field office.
Models Biblical ethics, Christian values and beliefs in action and lifestyles while in and out of performance of duties. Participates in organizational and divisional spiritual formation activities.
Develop concept note for possible funding opportunity for specific child protection issue at the FO level.
Provide support to advocacy campaigns relevant to children’s rights, child protection and child participation.
Lead and coordinate efforts for child safe organization compliance in emergencies; child protection strategies in humanitarian action utilizing CP Systems approach in emergencies.
Performs other tasks as maybe relevant to the implementation of programs in her/his assigned areas.
- Must be a licensed Social Worker
- With bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Social Science, Child Psychology,child rights, for Family Life, Child Development or Community Development and humanitarian aid
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in Social Work case management, child protection and child participation; including child protection programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, staff training and coaching.**
- Experience in Social Work with individuals, families and groups. Providing counseling and case management.
- Experience in working with local governments, line agencies, churches and other organizations.
- Experience in facilitating meaningful child participation initiatives.
- Experience in networking and advocacy.
- Experience in working on child protection in emergency and post-emergency programmes.
- Knowledge on child rights, child development, relevant child protection laws and policies.
- Knowledge on child safeguarding and child protection in humanitarian action
- Skills on psychosocial support, child-friendly spaces and counseling
- Skills on facilitation, capacity-building, proposal development and project management
How to apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com