ATTENTION: Because of international travel restrictions you must be living in Honduras at the time of your application. Please see requirements before applying.
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promoting the well-being of children, youth, women and men.
Oxfam has a policy of zero tolerance for any behaviour that contravenes its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To achieve this, Oxfam will ensure that it recruits people who demonstrate the same values and expects everyone already working in the organization to share and embody this commitment.
Oxfam-Quebec is implementing its new volunteer cooperation program (VCP) entitled « Equality in Action » in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in all 13 countries. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of qualified volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
Under the supervision of the program coordinator, the volunteer is mandated to develop the human resources management capacities of the partners selected under the Equality in Action 2020-2027 program. In accordance with Oxfam's strategy, policies, rules and procedures in Honduras, the volunteer will primarily assume the following responsibilities:
Contribute to the implementation of Oxfam's Equality in Action program in Honduras in close collaboration with program and operations teams, in particular the Voice and Leadership of women and Spotlight (EU, UN-Women) project teams.
- Establish working relationships with partners in accordance with Oxfam's Partnership Principles.
Human Resources Management
- Contribute to the development of human resource management capacities of partner organizations, including the organization of a working session to update knowledge on Honduran labor law.
- Support partner organizations in defining the desirable working structure for the execution of their activities and in the development of a work manual and a salary scale.
- Support partner organizations in the management of contract staff files, vacation management, etc.
- Support partner organizations in the formulation of policies and procedures for the recruitment, selection and integration of staff.
- Support partner organizations in developing budgets for project proposals to ensure recovery of salary costs.
- Identify areas for improvement in HR management such as staff development, work organization, etc.
- Support partner organizations in the design of a performance management plan for contract staff.
- Contribute to an environment that generates strong teamwork relationships with all Oxfam team members and partners, within the framework of Oxfam's Code of Conduct, Safeguards, Security, Partnership and other policies;
- Applying a human rights-based approach with active engagement to ensure that women's rights are present in the institutional environment.
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
- To be domiciled in Honduras and have
Canadian citizenship or permanent residence in Canada
or citizenship of a Latin American country other than Honduras
- University training in human resources management or other
- Proven professional experience of at least 4 years relevant experience
- Facilitation skills and training
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Skype
- Advanced level in Spanish
- Experience in group facilitation
- Adherence to Oxfam-Québec's mission and values, including the promotion of gender justice
- Experience in international development work
- Living and housing allowances
- Medical and life insurance
- Days off (20 days off/year for terms of 12 months or more)
- Access to various training courses
How to apply
If this position is of interest to you, please send your application (CV and letter of interest) specifying the mandate/country for which you are applying in addition to your nationality by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfam-Québec subscribes to the principle of employment equity. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected will be contacted.
Please do not telephone.