ATTENTION: Because of international travel restrictions you must be living in Honduras at the time of your application. Please see requirements before applying
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promoting the well-being of children, youth, women and men.
Oxfam has a policy of zero tolerance for any behaviour that contravenes its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To achieve this, Oxfam will ensure that it recruits people who demonstrate the same values and expects everyone already working in the organization to share and embody this commitment.
Oxfam-Quebec is implementing its new volunteer cooperation program (VCP) entitled « Equality in Action » in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in all 13 countries. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of qualified volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
Under the supervision of the program coordinator, the volunteer fulfills his or her mandate of developing the financial management capacities of partners selected in the framework of the Equality in Action 2020-2027 program.
In accordance with Oxfam's strategy, policies, rules and procedures in Honduras, the volunteer will primarily assume the following responsibilities:
Contribute to the financial implementation of Oxfam's Equality in Action program in Honduras in close collaboration with program and operations teams, in particular the Voice and Leadership of Women and Spotlight (EU, UN-Women) project teams.
- Establish working relationships with partners in accordance with Oxfam's Partnership Principles.
- Contribute to the development of financial management capacities of partner organizations including the elaboration and coordination of an work session on project financial management.
- Support partner organizations in the elaboration of their annual budget, as well as in the monitoring of its implementation.
- Support the development of capacities for monitoring and analysis of financial execution.
- Support partner organizations in developing budgets for proposals to be submitted to donors.
Support partner organizations in complying with the requirements of Honduran fiscal and legal management.
Identify areas for improvement in fraud prevention and best practices in the financial management of partner organizations.
Support partner organizations in
- The production of financial reports to donors with their respective supporting documents.
- Preparation and updating of administrative and financial manuals.
- Use of electronic tools for the consolidation of financial information such as Excel
- Preparing annual reports to be presented to the Board of Directors and government entities.
Support organizations in the preparation and follow-up of donor financial monitoring visits, as well as follow-up actions resulting from institutional financial evaluations and audits.
- Contribute to an environment that generates strong teamwork relationships with all Oxfam team members and partners, within the framework of Oxfam's Code of Conduct, Safeguards, Security, Partnership and other policies;
- Share and embody Oxfam’s commitment to a zero-tolerance policy against behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse; intimidation; lack of integrity; corruption and fraud.
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
- To be domiciled in Honduras and have
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residence in Canada
- or citizenship of a country in the region other than Honduras.
- University degree in administration, accounting or other relevant field
- Proven professional experience of at least 4 years
- Facilitation and training skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Skype
- Advanced level in Spanish
- Experience in group facilitation
- Adherence to Oxfam mission and values, including the promotion of gender justice
- Experience in international development work
- Living and housing allowances
- Medical and life insurance
- Days off (20 days off/year for terms of 12 months or more)
- Access to various training courses
How to apply
If this position is of interest to you, please send your application (CV and letter of interest) specifying the mandate/country for which you are applying in addition to your nationality by e-mail to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected will be contacted.
Please do not telephone.