- Help us end avoidable blindness in Kenya
- Do you want to do work that really matters?
- International Development Organization
- 2 positions based at The Fred Hollows Foundation Kenya, Nairobi office
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of the world’s largest and most innovative eye health international development organizations, having restored sight to more than 3 million people around the world. We are an ambitious organization, committed to making a difference and end avoidable blindness, however we recognize that we cannot do this alone. **
Founded in 1992 in honor of late Professor Fred Hollows, world-renowned eye surgeon and social activist from Australia, The Foundation has been one of the fastest growing international NGOs in healthcare.
It’s not just what we do that’s important, it’s the way that we do it that matters. We work hand in hand with our communities and partners who together, share the same goals and determination. We focus on results and are passionate about making affordable and accessible eye care a reality for everyone, so that no one person is needlessly blind. Working together we deepen our impact.
We are currently seeking Project Officers to support our work in Kenya. As the Project Officer you will be accountable for the coordination and implementation of various approved Project activities, working with partners in Kenya to support agreed project objectives.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with previous experience in program planning and implementation. Your experience working for development, government or community-based organisation will be looked at favourably. In addition, you can demonstrate your ability to cultivate key relationships - developing strategies and resources to influence, persuade and build the confidence of partners, program staff and other stakeholders. A demonstrated interest in public health is highly desirable.
Specific experience and skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience with reputable NGO’s
- Experience in community-based health programming and Organisations
- Knowledge of project design, project management, budget development and monitoring
- Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programs and working with donor organizations and development partners.
- Good networking skills, with experience in a busy health development organization.
- Financial Management skills especially development & management of budgets and budget reports.
Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as the ability to travel domestically including travel to remote locations, will also be essential.
How to apply
How to apply and who to contact
Applications should be made via our website: https://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications sent to this email shall be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: 4 pm EAT Tuesday 27th January 2021
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.**