Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
The project manager is responsible to produce/read the project initiation documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project(s) products are capable of meeting the business cases for both UNOPS and the client. Success of the project(s) and hence Project Manager will be based on the Success Criteria of UNOPS engagements which are linked to the below responsibilities. The project manager is responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle. S/he must be able to apply, with some degree of autonomy, the below duties and responsibilities of the project success criteria:
- Stakeholder Management
- Delivery and Performance
- Knowledge Management
- Personnel Management
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=20963
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Development Studies, or other relevant discipline with 5 years of progressive experience in project management with focus on team management and stakeholder management; and project development in international organizations is required.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification and/ or an equivalent project management certification is preferred.
- Experience in developing proposals and understanding donor reporting requirements is required;
- Previous experience with the UN in a humanitarian or conflict/post-conflict setting is highly preferred;
- Experience of working with contact/ information centres, databases, and archive systems in humanitarian crisis is preferred;
- Knowledge of protection principles and data protection standards is preferred;
- Experience in handling projects that use call handling technologies, including Cisco and Motorola, data analysis and visualisation solutions such as PowerBI and Tableau, and professional-grade design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suites) is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills with fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of Arabic is highly desirable.