Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including Projects & IT.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE INVESTIGATION MANAGER
- She/he will be the responsible to lead the internal administrative investigations on misbehaviour conducted by the HQ- and Field Behaviour Committee.
- She/he will be in charge of mentoring and coaching others during the different phases of the investigations according to standards and guidelines.
- She/he will conduct investigations and initiates special studies; prepares and/or reviews reports.
- She/he will be in charge of supporting the hierarchical line when conducting administrative investigations on allegations of misbehaviours.
- She/he will be in charge of ensuring a proper documentation management, following the principles of confidentiality and data protection.
- She will train and supervise staff performing administrative investigations of misbehaviours.
- She/he will create and manage the pool of investigator and specialized expert staff (external).
- She/he will participate in conferences, training sessions, and meetings.
- She/he will participates in the development of budget requests; monitors expenditures according to budget allocations.
EMPLACEMENT IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Ethics and Behaviour Unit is in charge of management of investigations, to develop guidelines and training and to build awareness to all MSF staff and to the communities we serve. In order to do so, the unit consists of a Lead, an Investigation Manager and a Behaviour Manager. The Ethics and Behaviour unit counts with two Behaviour Committees (HQ and Field) whose members are MSF staff who manage investigations on a voluntary base.
The Investigation Manager will be accountable to the Ethics and Behaviour Lead.
The unit is part of the General Directorate.
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INVESTIGATION MANAGER
Briefing and Debriefing
- Briefings and onboarding to all new Behaviour Committee member (HQ-BC/BCB)
- In collaboration with the other members of the Unit, he/she will do briefings and debriefings of Field coordinators.
Tools and Training
- Revise existing and proposes new protocols and guidelines on Conducting Investigations.
- Implements a dissemination strategy for the policies & protocols produced/updated, including workshops in the field and HQ
- In collaboration with the Unit’s Lead and the Behaviour Manager and other sections will develop the Case Management Training
- Coordinates the participation of HQ and BCB members to specific trainings in investigations techniques.
- To update the External Learning & Communication resources data base.
- Training facilitator for awareness/trainings sessions in HQ.
- Training facilitator for case management trainings.
- Responsible of awareness activities at HQ level in coordination with Mobile and partners in decentralized units
- To collaborate with other MSF sections and NGOs in facilitating case management sessions.
Management of Investigations
- She/he will be in charge of receiving complaints on alleged responsible behaviour violations via the different channels available.
- Leads the first triage based on IPOB Typology and response to the complainants.
- Ensures the application of precautionary measures and refers the complainant/person affected to the proper channel to receive psychosocial and medical support.
· Supervises all internal investigations on misbehaviour (HQ, Field and BCB)
- He/she will manage all Information about cases: HB-BC and BCB email, archives all documentation/evidences , prepares minutes, manages recording, circulates information among the BC members, coordinates interviews, coordinate meetings of the BCB and HQ BC, final reporting management.
- Updates regularly investigations plans and logbooks.
External and internal collaboration
- Participates in Forums and Working groups related to Case Management and Investigation techniques.
- In collaboration with Behaviour lead, will coordinate the participation of external investigators, experts in investigations.
- Participates in regular meetings of the BC and the Behaviour Unit, as well as in-house discussion forums.
- Collaborate with the Community engagement referent and the Medical department; collaborate with cells/ missions regarding Behaviour Field Officers’s work.
- Ensures technical support for his/her area of activity to all actors involved in case management
Reporting and Information management
- In charge of guaranteeing the quality and respect of the procedures and principles of case management, specific focus on confidentiality and data protection.
- Management of power BI Behaviour data base
- Responsible for the construction of the annual report of case management and training and analysis of data.
- Proposes action plan on the basis of data statistics.
· Academic Background: Bachelor level degree or equivalent thinking level in a field relevant to this profile (e.g. law, social or organizational sciences, gender, discrimination, whistleblowing, etc ..)
· Fluency in English and French. Spanish desirable. Other languages are an asset.
· Proven track record in leading and conducting workplace administrative investigations in the Humanitarian sector.
· Strong analytical and advisory skills and the ability to translate complex analysis into concise, clear, and actionable conclusions and recommendations;
· Ability to develop case strategies, conduct investigative interviews and deliver investigation reports of high quality and within short deadlines;
· Excellent listening and organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver trainings.
· Persuasive, persistent, ability to organise and drive initiative involving different stakeholders, ability to influence and project authority;
· Good team-player, flexible, ability to work independently, ability to manage conflict;
· Ability to handle highly sensitive situations and confidential information diplomatically and discreetly;
· Commitment to MSF’s Principles
· Cross-cultural Awareness
· Behavioral Flexibility
· Stress Management
· Analytical Thinking
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Service Orientation
· Planning and Organizing
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· People Management and Development
· Position based at any OCBA Hub; Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Buenos Aires, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi.
· Full time job.
· Annual gross salary: HQ-4A (divided into twelve monthly payments) + Secondary Benefits based on the MSF-OCBA Reward Policy.
· Starting date: February 2021
MSF OCBA is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
· To apply, please, submit your CV and cover letter.
· Closing date: 31st January 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)