EnCompass seeks Gender & Inclusive Development Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) data, evaluation, learning and technical assistance (DELTA) activity to be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
The new DELTA activity will support USAID/Liberia to allow agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context in Liberia; produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation; maintain a performance management system; and support data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points.
The Gender and Inclusive Development Specialist will provide expertise in inclusive programming to technical assistance activities, ensuring the effective integration of gender- and vulnerability- sensitive approaches. Such duties may include designing and conducting gender analysis and assessments; supporting monitoring and evaluation; preparing high quality reports and technical resources; conducting field work; and designing and facilitating face-to-face and virtual trainings related to gender equality and female empowerment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions: **
- Serve as project point-of-contact/lead for the integration of gender considerations into all project activities and deliverables
- Provide gender integration guidance and support to project technical teams and activities such as regulatory and market data analyses, and review/development of quality assurance standards
- Support project stakeholders to identify/develop operational and technical strategies for gender and inclusion
- Design and facilitate trainings related to gender equality, female empowerment, and gender-based violence for project staff, partners, and stakeholders, as requested
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in gender studies, international development, sociology, or related social science degree; Master’s degree preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience in gender analysis, gender integration, and/or gender-based violence, with preference for work on USG-funded activities
· Demonstrated experience applying a variety of participatory and strengths-based learning design and delivery approaches, blended learning and evidence-based learning theory desirable but not required
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or capacity building highly preferred
· Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
· Substantial experience in managing a team using mixed research methods of similar magnitude
· Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
· Strong familiarity with USAID CLA practices preferred
· Understanding of gender norms and social constraints in the Liberian context required
· Previous work experience in Liberia preferred
· Familiarity with USAID/Liberia Mission preferred
· Superior skills in written and verbal English required
· Liberian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
How to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page of https://encompassworld.com.
Direct link to application: