Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and the Central African Republic implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
JOB TITLE: MD Project Manager/Hospital Coordinator
JOB LOCATION: South Sudan, Yirol Hospital
START DATE: May 2021
DURATION: 12 months
- University Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Nursing or other Health University Degree
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Previous professional experience at hospital level in developing countries
- Organization and management skills
- Previous experience in health cooperation projects and hospital management will be considered an asset
The MD Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and implementation of all project activities.
As Hospital Coordinator and Project Manager, the candidate must:
- guarantee the supervision, management and retention of hospital staff, in collaboration with health authorities
- improve the skills of hospital staff through on-the-job training, internships and update courses/seminars
- ensure the equipment and drugs availability taking into account the funds need and availability
- improve the information system quality collaborating in hospital data collection and analysis
- strengthen the reference system and the ambulance service
- organize clinical services
- collaborate with the responsible for PH activities in the county, to promote access and use of hospital services, in particular with regard to obstetric emergencies
- ensure the correct implementation of projects, take care of relations with local institutions, donors and stakeholders, prepare the required reports
How to apply
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the mission and values of the organization, nondiscrimination policies and safeguarding principles.