Department: International Programmes
Location of Role: London
Salary Range of role: £34,000
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing date: 31 Jan 2021
This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities. Therefore, you must currently hold the right to work in the UK.
Summary of the role:
The Programmes Partnerships team will manage all partner relationships and be responsible for the timely, high quality programmes delivery. Primarily responsible for programmes strategy and proposal development, the team will also act as a primary interface between Muslim Aid and its partners and beneficiaries, as well as with donors and other programmes stakeholders.
The Programmes Partnerships Manager will hold the direct relationship with partners, lead on partner contracting, monitor programmes delivery (budgets and outcomes), convene and facilitate networks and provide a primary interface between the organisation and its partners.
The key responsibilities of this role are to provide relevant technical and management advice and support to ensure partners are effectively and efficiently implementing funded projects whilst ensuring monitoring of programmes activities in compliance with Muslim Aid’s strategy. The role will lead the identifying new partners and ensure Muslim Aid is strategically positioned globally.
About the Role:
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Manage existing relationships and be responsible for identifying and developing new relationships with organisations with whom Muslim Aid’s work has operational and strategic synergy.
- Establish, maintain and expand partnerships and alliances with various strategic partners from development organizations, government, and civil society organisations to ensure active participation and promotion of active citizenship approach.
- Participate in the development of global strategy, planning and policy development considering Muslim Aid experience and capacity in partnership programming.
- Work with partner organisations to contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.
- Collate and compile reports and produce data which feed into the Annual Report of Muslim Aid.
- Undertake monitoring and assessment field visits to partner countries to ensure programmes are implemented as proposed, contracted and per donor guidelines and standards.
To be successful in this role:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level.
- Understanding of development programmes design, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience of working with proposals, budgets, data and reports.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; using of quantitative and qualitative research data collected in support of programme development.
- Knowledge of SPHERE, CHS and DEC Accountability Framework priorities and other humanitarian/development sector initiatives and standards.
- Experience of working on emergency and/or disaster preparedness programmes in developing countries.
- Strong and well-developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports Strong analytical abilities.
- Willingness to travel at very short notice.
Why you should apply:
If you are a driven and ambitious individual who will not only maintain our relationships with our programme partners but will also be able to create new ones, then this is the job for you. If you have exceptional analytical and attention to detail skills, then this role may be for you.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check. In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date, however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.
NOTE: We will review your application and see if you are a good fit for the position, and for us. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact everyone so if you are selected to continue to the interview process, we will be in contact with you.
How to apply
You must complete an application form for this role. We do not accept CVs.
For applications please click on the link below: https://www.muslimaid.org/vacancies/programmes-partnerships-manager/