Under the direct responsibility of the project manager in Dakar, the finance manager will play a key role in the implementation of the project, particularly with regard to budget monitoring. The employee will work in close collaboration with the Director of Finance and the Administration / Finance team at the headquarters in Montreal and will work with the thematic experts in the field in Dakar.
Financial and accounting aspect (70%)
• Be responsible for monitoring project expenses and receipts by using financial monitoring tools allowing a comparison between forecast budgets and expenses incurred.
• Monitor the project's bank accounts and credit card and ensure the dissemination of any information regarding delays or anomalies.
• Ensure day-to-day management (verification, payment, expense reports and bailouts) and produce periodic petty cash reports.
• Validate the advances of funds and ensure the consolidation of expenses on return from mission of employees or consultants of the Office
• Ensure that procedures for purchasing, ordering and supplying goods and services and supporting documents comply with the financial management policies of the Office.
• Produce progress (monthly, semi-annual) and final financial reports according to the required formats and within established deadlines.
• Contribute to the monthly recording of accounting data in the Simply Accounting system, validating the allocation of expenses and income to the appropriate accounts.
• Perform the verification of statutory reports required by law.
• Participate in the preparation of documents required by Headquarters and provide the explanations required for the preparation of the Bureau's annual financial statements.
• Participate in the preparation of internal and external audits.
Organizational component (30%)
• Submit to the project coordinator in Kinshasa a monthly financial report on all project income and expenses.
• Follow up on employee and consultant work days, dates for financial and narrative reports, payment requests.
• Actively and positively participate in project planning and coordination meetings.
•Ensure the maintenance of harmonious relations with the headquarters, donors and partners of the Office in the DRC.
• Ensure a smooth flow of information within the Office and promote the emergence of a good dynamic.
• Perform any other task related to their skills and the proper functioning of the Office in the DRC.
How to apply
To be taken into account, your application must include:
✓ A cover letter
✓ Your curriculum vitae
✓ Full contact details of three recent references
✓ The completed recruitment form, available on our website: http://www.ibcr.org/fr/emploi/
✓ Your salary expectations
Send your complete file to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Human Resources.
The International Bureau for Children's Rights thanks you for your interest in joining the team and will contact you if your application is successful.