Role & Responsibilities
Ensure the integrity of accounting information by entering transactions, consolidating and closing accounts periodically, researching account issues for compliance and improving quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
January 2021. Full time, 5 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and check requests received.
- Process and post invoices in the system.
- Send invoices to the Manager for payment approval.
- Be the first point of contact with suppliers chasing payment of invoices.
- Update and maintain vendor database.
- Monitor and follow up to ensure payments are up to date.
- Assist in processing corporate credit cards reconciliations.
- Ensure invoices are properly allocated in a timely manner.
- Ensure invoices are archived digitally in accordance with Medair policy.
- Perform end of month bank reconciliations and cash count.
- Monitor donations or grants received in bank accounts.
- Oversee Finance intern for the registration of each donation received.
- Be the contact person for any enquiries with internal stakeholders regarding donations received in bank accounts and escalate request if necessary.
- Supervise AR intern.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- CPA and/or BSc/BA Accounting degree desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Working knowledge of French (spoken and written) desirable.
Experience / Competencies
- Robust accounting knowledge coupled with minimum 3 years on-the-job experience.
- Areas of expertise: consolidation, financial closing, financial statements.
- Understanding of NGO fund accounting desirable.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of general ledger systems and MS Excel including use of pivot tables, macros. Experience of working with accounting systems desirable
- Strong Christian commitment. Enjoy a challenge and work hard to achieve objectives.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels. Able to prioritise work to meet deadlines. Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- Problem solving ability. Competent with administrative tasks. Good attention to detail.
- Able to make decisions within a consultative and supportive framework.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page. *Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.**