The Strategic Information Manager will provide oversight functions to the Strategic Information Officers as well as guidance on project monitoring and evaluation, reporting to the DSI, with compliance to the USAID reporting requirements. S/He will ensure that data/reports are submitted to the Program and Strategic Information Directors in a timely manner and used in generating information. This information will be used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps. The candidate must be familiar with the new PEPFAR and Nigeria national M&E system and tools with excellent training and networking skills. The candidate will be willing to work with little/no supervision and travel regularly.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability and transparency.
100% of his/her time per annum is chargeable to the project.
Position is in Lagos, Nigeria
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Informatics or a health-related field is required
· Seven (7) years of experience in USG-funded programs designing, establishing, and managing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, managing M&E systems, Working knowledge of Nigeria's health and social service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance based reporting with understanding and experience and competency in working with OVC and HIV community-led organizations
· Strong data analytics; visualization and presentation skills
· Excellent understanding of PEPFAR MER and GON OVC indicators
· Understanding of USAID, PEPFAR and GON Strategic Information / Monitoring and Evaluation standards and practices
· Previous Experience conducting State/LGA and health facility data assessments and data reviews is preferred
· Experience working with CBOs and USAID funded programs.
· Knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools to target program interventions and resources
· Previous experience in providing Technical Assistance to FMWASD/SMWASD/LGAs on NOMIS strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices
· Proven skills in data analysis with proficiency in statistical package i.e. Stata, SPSS, ODK, KOBO, ARCGIS, QGIS, Advanced Excel, Business Intelligence applications
· Proficiency in use of diverse databases including DHIS, DATIM, NOMIS, ACCESS, EPI Info and other data sets
· Skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid program decision making with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems
· Sound understanding of indicators, data collection methodology, and data quality issues;
· Ability to develop indicators and data collection tools and assess data quality
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure, with the capacity to problem solve in high paced environments .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction on Sl/M&E activities to ensure a strong and robust strategic information system
- Provide technical supervision of SI Officers working on ICHSSA
- Oversee collection, storage, analysis and reporting of high quality data to USAID, ICHSSA staff, Project HOPE and other key stakeholders. Coordinate the revision of ICHSSA Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan as requested by USAID and other stakeholders
- Supervise the development and enhancement of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates to ensure that ICHSSA’s activities, outputs and outcomes are correctly captured. This will include devising ways to ensure optimum use of NOMIS and other existing systems.
· Portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats/visualizations
- Ensure availability of all tools and logistics necessary for successful implementation of the ICHSSA Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan
- Working with the Director, Strategic Information (DSI), oversee the implementation of the ICHSSA Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Plan
- Participate in all ICHSSA work planning activities and advise technical teams on ICHSSA indicators, targets as well as progress towards target achievement
Supervise real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings at the CBO, LGA and project levels
Lead efforts seeking to build SI related knowledge and capacity within the ICHSSA SI team. This will include implementation of capacity building activities through trainings, mentorship and supervision on M&E/SI.
Working with the Director, Strategic Information, oversee implementation of all activity assessments, including baselines, endlines as agreed upon by USAID, ARFH and other stakeholders
Work with other ICHSSA staff to assess CBO and LGA SI capacity and functioning and adequately develop and implement plans to strengthen these capacities.
Supervise the generation of quality evidence on project outcome and work with ICHSSA staff to build a culture of data use across all project levels.
Supervise development and promote the use of standard indicators, tools and forms (as appropriate) and SI practices across the activity’s duration.
Oversee routine ICHSSA data quality assessments and ensure utilization of DQA results and findings in improving data quality across all levels of the ICHSSA Project
Work with other ICHSSA staff to disseminate ICHSSA achievements and results through published articles, conference abstracts, success stories and other mechanisms.
As may be requested by the Director SI and other project management personnel, represent ICHSSA at donor and other stakeholder SI activities and events
Work with Director, Strategic Information to submit reports required by USAID, PEPFAR and government of Nigeria in a timely manner
Work with the DSI to prepare ICHSSA for any internal and external evaluations / assessments and work with assigned evaluators to ensure successful completion of these evaluations.
- Oversee reporting of relevant data and progress to Project HOPE as will be agreed upon by ARFH
- Participate in any scheduled technical assistance activities implemented/supported by ARFH, Project HOPE and other approved stakeholders.
- Update Project HOPE’s Director of Monitoring and Evaluation of any SI related technical assistance needs
- Routinely update the Senior Advisor, Systems Strengthening of work progress and challenges
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director, Strategic Information and the Senior Advisor, Systems Strengthening
How to apply
All candidates must apply through the Project HOPE Career Site and this link: