Description of Duties
Leading the Platform’s political engagement work
- Lead the conceptualisation, planning and implementation of the Platform’s engagement activities.
- Design dialogue and mediation processes, drawing on the Platform’s analysis to identify relevant stakeholders and partnerships, and to sequence events.
- Organise dialogue events that facilitate meaningful discussion on contentious political settlement issues.
- Represent the Platform in engagement activities, conducting bilateral meetings with key political actors facilitating workshops with counterparts, including in the Somali government.
- Develop strong collaborative partnerships with Somali organisations to deliver engagement activities.
- Identify, recruit, and manage a team of Platform representatives and support them in the delivery of the Platform’s engagement activities
- Liaise with the Research Lead to ensure research and analytical outputs support the needs of Somali stakeholders.
- Ensure engagement meetings are documented and data captured to support Platform research and analysis.
- Act as the liaison between the engagement team and the Programme’s Advisory Group
Supporting effective programme management
- Line manage the Engagement Officer providing support and oversight, and agreeing and reviewing performance goals and professional development
- Support the evidencing and communication of the impact of engagement activities, by recording engagement events, and follow-up with event participants.
- Lead on financial management for the Platform’s engagement activities, ensuring procedures are followed and there is value-for-money
- Prepare donor reports on progress and strategy in engagement activities
- Monitor, escalate and mitigate political risks arising from the Platform’s engagement work.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please visit the application page: https://riftvalley.net/index.php/vacancyjob/engagement-lead-somali-dialo...