Scope of Work
Integrity is seeking freelance MEL Experts who are interested in being part of a pool of Technical Proposal writers. Candidates would enter into a long-term framework agreement with Integrity.
As a Technical Proposal Writer, you will be contracted on a consultancy basis to support Integrity to design and develop technical methodologies related to Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, Research, Evidence and Analysis, and Data and Knowledge Management for specific opportunities (mainly funded by FCDO, USAID and World Bank). Interested candidates may also be added to team proposals as part of the project delivery team.
You will possess advanced design skills, and should be able to work to flexibly across at least two of the following thematics: economic growth; governance; fragility and conflict; health; education; security and justice; climate, natural resources and environment; and gender and social inclusion.
Your core responsibility will be to serve as technical proposal writer for a variety of proposals focusing on for instance Third Party Monitoring, MEL framework design and capacity building, independent performance or impact evaluation, policy and action research, or evidence synthesis, dissemination, and uptake. Interested candidates may also be added to proposals as part of client delivery teams.
- Attend key bid preparation meetings to support the identification of win themes and the development of key messages in the proposal narrative.
- Design technical solutions for clients, including analytical approaches, data collection and sampling strategies, dissemination approaches, and project plans.
- Contribute to the workplan development in collaboration with bid managers.
- Write (either independently or as part of a team) clear, compelling methodology sections that are compliant with bid requirements including evaluation criteria.
- Work with a variety of specialists across the organisation to incorporate their input into the technical proposal ensuring they come across as a ‘one voice’ technical solution.
- Identify more appropriate content formats (e.g. infographics, diagrams) that help strengthening the bid readability.
- As MEL Expert, at least 7 years’ experience working in the international development sector, for FCDO, USAID, World Bank or other comparable clients, implementing TPM programmes, independent performance or impact evaluation, policy and action research, or evidence synthesis, dissemination, and uptake. Candidates with experience in conducting MEL in fragile states are preferred.
- Proven methodological experience in using toolkits related to: rigorous quantitative or qualitative research, complexity-aware approaches, mixed methods research or evaluation, sampling strategy design.
- Previous ability to design innovative, practical and viable technical solutions for donor funded projects. Candidates with experience in proposal writing are preferred.
- Excellent ability to work flexibly as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with ability to write persuasive, clear, and compelling narrative in English that is customised to bid requirements
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at
www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
This recruitment is open-ended and will be closed once we have found suitable candidates. We
encourage early applications. We will review candidates on a rolling basis and only shortlisted
applicants will be contacted.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably
qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your
confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.