Built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and GPD Charitable Trust, DT Global is pioneering a new model of development that works in partnership with communities to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. We intend to channel the majority of fees received from donor contracts back into our partner non-profit, DT Institute, to support innovative initiatives that test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities. With corporate offices in Washington D.C., Madrid, and Adelaide, the DT Global family represents a globally integrated service delivery platform with best-in-class technical expertise in delivering solutions across a broad range of sectors.
DT-Global is seeking a Team Lead who will be responsible for a Governance, Peace and Stability Mechanism for Yemen (GPSY) funded by the Government of the United Kingdom; the Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF). Based in Amman, Jordan, the Team Lead will have primary responsibility for administering projects and partners funded through the program. The program will fund projects that are led and implemented by communities, support legitimate and representative local administrations, and support any inclusive local and national peace agreements.
The Team Lead will manage the overall operationalization of the fund and management team, including acting as the primary point of contact and liaison for FCDO and the first port of call for potential applicants to the fund, reviewing and developing concept notes and proposals for review and approval, performing a risk assessment and due diligence function with regards to all potential projects and partners, and being responsible for day to day monitoring of projects funded under the fund.
· Working to develop the capacity of applicants to the fund – particularly Yemeni organizations who may not be able to demonstrate initially the necessary skills or access, through the proposal development process and as specific outputs within their proposals and build local ownership;
· Overseeing receiving and developing funding proposals, managing disbursements to successful applicants, monitoring project implementation and reporting to the GPSY governance structure;
Qualifications and Skills:
· MBA or Master’s degree or equivalent in International Affairs or closely related subject, including all relevant technical areas to the scope of the intended program;
· Experience in FCDO Funds Management, preferably in Yemen.
· Extensive experience managing multidisciplinary teams for demanding donors;
· Proven track records in programming and designing funds management, conflict resolution, peacebuilding, or capacity building development programs;
· Excellent networking skills and experience convening and managing local NGOs, CSOs, networks and other organizations and liaising with donors;
· Ability to work in complex and fluid environments;
· Experience with the DFID, UK FCO, and/or CSSF;
· Considerable experience in disseminating learning and capacity building to practitioners, governments and industry actors and ability to generate robust learnings and research from DFID programs;
· Significant prior experience in leading and managing large, complex international development projects, particularly in a fragile or humanitarian context;
· Fluency in English is a requirement; Fluency in Arabic preferred.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
· Provide technical leadership and management oversight to ensure all activities and partners achieve the initiative’s targeted results;
· Serve as the program’s principal liaison with CSSF and other relevant FCDO counterparts and implementing partners involved with the program;
· Annual programming of activities and budgets;
· Coordinating the program teams;
· Managing and supervise the work of program personnel and subcontractors;
· Management of the consortium relationships;
· Liaison with key national and state actors and representing the program at an institutional level with the local host country national governments and the donor community;
· Recruitment and human resource management, including operational oversight;
· Identification and management of risks and opportunities
· Other duties as required.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.*