Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With 40 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, we run lifesaving programs in more than 45 countries. Our 7,500+ professionals work to carry out innovative programs that reached more than 21 million people last year.
Action Against Hunger – USA seeks an experienced Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Ethiopia Empowered Communities for Better Health (ECBH) program. Under this anticipated program, the USAID/Ethiopia aims to “empower communities to take ownership and action over their health and nutrition and drive a cycle of accountable and responsive health service delivery.”
The COP will be responsible for technical leadership and the overall management and operations of the USAID ECBH program. Working with Action Against Hunger Regional and Headquarters staff, and under the direction of the Action Against Hunger – USA Country Director, the COP directly represents the ECBH program with USAID, the Government of Ethiopia, participating community-based organizations and other USAID implementing partners. As appropriate the COP will liaison with other donor-funded programs. The COP supervises all project staff and partners, including technical and financial teams.
This position is contingent upon award and will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) or Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR) on management and technical matters;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules/regulations and Action Against Hunger processes;
- Ensure that the project meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements;
- Lead coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, including partners, government stakeholders, civil society, and other USAID projects;
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of activities including oversight of the coordination of sub-recipients and sub-grantees
- Oversee project schedules and budgets, including the development of approved annual workplans and project budgets;
- Represent the ECBH project at regional, national and international conferences, working groups, and meetings to support USAID and Action Against Hunger’s thought leadership.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in public health, social sciences, law, development studies or a relevant field.
- At least ten (10+) years of experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to behavior change and advocacy programs in both development and humanitarian settings.
- At least eight (8+) years of experience as a COP or in a comparable managerial position on donor-funded projects, preferably for USAID programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of community engagement in Ethiopia, especially in 2nd or 3rd tier communities.
- Proven experience building capacity for local government and community leaders, especially those populations under 30 years of age in Ethiopia, through small grants or other methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies.
- Fluency in English (oral, writing, and reading).
- Ability to reside and work in Ethiopia full time.
- Travel within Ethiopia and internationally.
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
How to apply
To apply please visit: https://apply.workable.com/j/9690CAF104