Role & Responsibilities
Coordinate and facilitate the programme teams to prepare proposals and reports for submission to institutional and private donors; maintain appropriate information systems; track the internal progress of proposals and reports; research new funding sources and support the Country Director in donor relationship management when required. Providing strategic support and review of all aspects of Medair’s proposals, the PFM plays a key role in grant management. This role has a particular focus on the Yemen country programme but may from time to time include assistance to other countries.
Medair has been responding to needs in northern Yemen in partnership with ZOA since mid-2018 while it obtained its own registration in southern Yemen in May 2019. Medair implements integrated health, nutrition, WASH programmes to conflict affected communities in Lahj and Al Dahle Governorates.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Aden, Yemen. Take a look at Medair’s work in Yemen.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
December 2020. Full time, 12 to 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Donors Relations Management
- Support the Country Director in developing and maintaining efficient donor relations with the (regional) representatives of relevant funding partners (mainly institutional donor, some private donor organisations) in order to secure funding for the country programme.
- Keep up-to-date with trends, analyse institutional donor funding opportunities for Yemen and advise senior management on strategic funding decisions.
- Represent Medair at country-level meetings with donors, as required.
- Coordinate and facilitate the drafting and presentation of all proposals, operational and financial reports related to the Yemen programme. While the PFM is the focal point for reporting deadlines, the Finance Manager is responsible for timely delivery of financial reports.
- Prepare and manage timelines for preparing proposal and report submissions, provide templates, guidelines and donor- specific advice to ensure that all involved staff members are aware of their needed contributions.
- Work with the Country Director on the development and implementation of a relevant, logical and sustainable country strategy.
- Coordinate and track institutional and private donor proposals and reports, managed by the Country Director and in consultation with other senior field managers, GSO staff and the Head of Country Programmes (HCP).
- Maintain an overview of the assigned programme’s relationships with, and funding from, Medair’s key institutional donors; providing analysis and information to senior management where necessary.
- Responsible for project implementation to meet institutional donor requirements and in accordance with Medair, donor, country and international standards e.g. Sphere and CHS, WHO recommendations, etc.
- Ensuring that applications and reports are produced to a high standard, comply with donor guidelines, deadlines, contracts and other donor needs and requests.
Management and Communication
- Contribute to training and coaching national and international staff within the assigned country programme on relevant programme funding topics and writing techniques, as well as institutional donor requirements specific to their programme.
- Plan and implement (regional) meetings, exchanges and facilitate collaboration, as required.
- Contribute to internal Medair quality improvement projects and trainings as required: M&E process improvement and data quality pre-reporting and proposal (pre-writing stage).
- Ensure that best practice is communicated, followed and shared in all aspects of grants management.
- Provide support, coaching and cover for other PFM roles within Medair as required.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in Management / Development Studies / Business / Administration or in a relevant subject.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 2 years post-qualification experience in a relief or development context.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.
- Advanced planning, assessment and analytical skills. Proven report and proposal writing skills.
- Able to work with project budgets, financial reports and financial management systems.
- Experience maintaining grant management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills, including with current and new donors.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Committed to consultative working culture. Highly organised and good at working with tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work with people from a range of cultural, social, ethnic backgrounds and with different skills.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner, dynamic and problem solver.
- Self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, servant-hearted, team-player.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices
c) Key Profiles & Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
d) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page. *Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.**