Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting Group is recruiting for a Staff Assistant who will be embedded within the current Office of Education and future Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI) in the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The Staff Assistant will work directly with the Deputy Assistant Administrator to provide administrative and program support.
In this role, the Staff Assistant will manage administrative functions for the Deputy Assistant Administrator in the Center for Education, including scheduling and calendar management, travel accommodations, meeting preparations, visitor logistics, as well as perform other administrative duties.
USAID’s work in Education is guided by both the U.S. Government Strategy on International Basic Education and the USAID Education Policy. The Office of Education works to ensure key stakeholders understand the main tenets of both the strategy and policy and how USAID’s education programs are an integral part of the Agency’s vision of Transformation–transforming lives, communities and economies.
This position will be responsible for performing a range of operational duties to maximize the contributions – internally, externally, and publically – of senior advisors and managers. The position’s major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Administrative Support Functions
- Provide administrative and workflow management support
- Provide scheduling and calendar management support
- Ensure external and internal meetings and conference calls run smoothly and effectively by managing invites and conference call details, organizing meeting logistics, preparing meeting materials, preparing minutes and actions, coordinating follow-up, and booking facilities
Coordinate travel arrangements as needed, including flights, accommodation, visa application,country clearance, ground transportation and receipts.
Assist in the preparation and assembly of meeting materials
Record minutes of meetings
Develop trackers and tables for planning and monitoring upcoming tasks and responsibilities.
- Review office correspondence for proper formatting as prescribed in official agency guidance.
- Keep abreast of and implement agency guidance to ensure proper document management through clearance processes, electronic filing, etc.
- Produce documents to a very high standard without need for re-editing prior to clearance and dissemination from office.
- Prepare correspondence and documents (typing, formatting, preparing as draft and final correspondence, cables and program documents)
- Distribute correspondence and documents (receive and distribute mail, faxes, cables and other requested information)
- Track, control, and file documents (log and track documents, standardizes and maintains files according to Agency Records Management directives).
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience
- Must be able to obtain secret level clearance
- Demonstrated commitment to providing top notch administrative support to growing, fast moving, hard-working teams
- Commitment to USAID’s mission
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks; ability to learn quickly
Solutions-oriented team player
Attention to detail and willingness to adjust to the needs of the office
A strong command of writing/editing skills
Stellar interpersonal and communication skills; desire to work with a variety of individuals and personality types
Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google Docs
Desire to have fun in a team environment
- Experience in multicultural, multilingual environments preferred
- Active secret level clearance preferred
- USAID experience preferred
How to apply
Please apply at - https://careers-dexisonline.icims.com/jobs/2383/staff-assistant/job
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.