Overview of position
Our client is a division of the Office of Rule of Law and Security Institutions (OROLSI) in the Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO). They is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly (RES/68/72) to ensure an effective, proactive and coordinated response to the problem posed by a wide range of explosive hazards. In close collaboration with the Somali Ministry of Internal Security (MoIS) our client has launched a Mobile Vehicle Checkpoint (MVCP) project which seeks to further enhance the security of Mogadishu by interdicting illegal weapons and explosives that are being smuggled into or moved within the capital city. MVCP is a new departure for the Somali Security Services and will be implemented by the Somali Police Force (SPF). our client has partnered with a third-party contractor, The Development Initiative (TDI), who will deliver training and mentoring to the SPF as they build their skills and experience in this filed over the coming years.
Under the supervision of MOIS, the liaison officer will be imbedded into the office of the MoIS and he/she will be responsible for providing liaison, coordination, support and information management between the MoIS, United Nations and The Development Initiative (TDI). The incumbent will be tasked by the designated focal point in MOIS and will report to the designated focal point in MOIS.
· Act as a liaison between MoIS/our client/TDI in all matters related to the MVCP project;
· Coordinate and preparation of any required face-to-face or virtual meetings between any of the stakeholders;
· Stay abreast of ongoing day-to-day operational matters with MVCP and regularly advise senior MoIS personnel of these;
· Analyze and solve issues that require MoIS input but do not require escalation to MoIS senior management;
· Assist in collating data and producing reports for the MoIS regarding MVCP operations;
· Advise our client/TDI on any MoIS processes or procedural changes or any personnel changes within the MoIS or other relevant FGS institutions that may have a bearing on the MVCP project;
· Advice and assist so the most efficient flow to/from the MVCP project and other FGS security bodies can occur;
· Provide inputs and assistance for any reporting that may be requested by the FGS;
· Support with any HR related issues that affect the SPF officers in the MVCP project;
· Implement any other tasks requested by senior MoIS officials.
This role reports to designated focal point in MOIS
• Integrity & Inclusion: Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences & encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational & ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
• Leading Self & Others: Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates & supports the development of others.
• Partnering: Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners & always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds & maintains strong external relationships & is a competent partner for others.
• Results Orientation: Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self &/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities & takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
• Agility: Open to change & flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences & modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
• Solution Focused: Evaluates data & courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation & creativity to problem solving.
• Effective Communication: Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise & open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings & needs of others. Actively listens & proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion & finding common ground.
Contract Type G9
Contract level ICS-9
Nationality / Permission to work in country
Valid Residence in Somalia for at least 2 year
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: