World Learning Inc., which works globally to enhance the capacity and commitment of individuals, institutions, and communities to create a more peaceful and just world through education, sustainable, development, and exchange, seeks a Cost and Pricing Manager to support its three brands: World Learning, an international NGO, the School for International Training, and the Experiment in International Living.
The Cost and Pricing Manager will be a senior member of the Business Development Unit, reporting directly to the Vice President of Business Development and liaising with the Finance Department, Human Resources and Program teams. The Manager will oversee and prepare compliant and complex cost proposals for a variety of USG and private funders. The Cost and Pricing Manager will provide leadership on all aspects of pricing from capture to post-award and ensures diverse proposal team members understand cost proposal requirements for competitive bids. This position is critical to supporting new business and ensuring cost-efficiencies.
- Leads pricing strategy, preparing all required cost documentation including budgets and budget narratives, establishing, and coordinating schedules with the Proposal Manager, and developing cost/price models.
- While leading budget development, provides substantive inputs, including real time analysis, to guide decision-making on project design. Leads budget meetings and proposes recommendations to the technical team to develop a competitive cost proposal.
- Collects up-to-date pricing information independently and/or in conjunction with field or program staff.
- Serves as budget point person for partners, leads budget negotiations, provides guidance to partners on budget development, and ensures partners’ cost proposal documentation is compliant with donor requirements.
- Assists the proposal team in preparing offers and counteroffers to partners and makes recommendations on the financial impact of terms and conditions trade-offs.
- Works closely with program and finance teams to review budgets and ensure consistency between technical and cost proposals.
- Ensures final submission of cost proposal conforms to donor requirements, and reviews draft and final award documents for consistency of financial data with cost proposal.
- Assists in building capacity of World Learning’s staff to develop high quality cost proposals and builds models and templates for a variety of donors, including U.S. government, multi-laterals, bi-laterals, private foundations, and corporate foundations.
- Maintains all budget and budget narrative templates according to donor and industry best practices.
- Provides guidance regarding the interpretation of applicable contract, grant and cooperative agreement terms and conditions, as well as other administrative rules and cost principles under 2 CFR200, 2 CFR 700, and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Utilizes overall knowledge of company pricing structure to complete assignments within tight and strict proposal schedules.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years pricing, financial analysis, and/or cost management experience for USG acquisition or procurement and assistance awards; additional experience in pricing for corporate, foundation and non-USG government/multilateral funders preferred.
- Experience in government contract administration, government estimating and negotiations, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Familiar with differences between contracts and cooperative agreements and their relevant terms and conditions.
- Experience with budget preparation using Excel, with previous experience with USAID and Department of State regulations (OMB Circulars, Code of Federal Regulations and FAR highly desirable).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to coordinate and collaborate, to garner relevant information for effective analysis and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work in diverse, matrixed teams.
- Experience with and knowledge of the international development community, preferably in higher education, basic education, secondary education, civic engagement or global exchanges.
- Demonstrated advanced experience with spreadsheets and database systems, especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision, willingness and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to make independent decisions, while keeping supervisor appraised of important matters.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
How to apply
Apply for Cost and Pricing Manager using the link below: