Position: Security Coordinator**
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey**
Reports to: NWS Security Manager**
Duration: 1 year
About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
The Security Coordinator’s (SC) key output is the high level oversight and coordination of all program activities, creating a linkage between operations and program department in order to reduce risks of all varieties. This will involve elements of internal audit of program files, providing an interface between the program and operations department, security analysis (current and future) and analysis and notification of all current and potential risks to RI NWS programs. The position will require a high level of external coordination with key stakeholders in the field as well as humanitarian actors in Turkey. A strong and solid network will be essential to effective performance in this role. Applicants must have the highest levels of integrity and excellent analytical skills.
The SC will monitor and oversee the security situation in NWS, conduct risk assessments, authorize field visits, assist in tracking staff movements, participate in enforcing security and safety procedures, and provide sound and timely advice to RI staff and management on safety and security matters. The SC will understudy all the SM’s duties and serve as acting SM when required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Safety and Security
· Ensure the implementation of safety and security policies, protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in coordination with the Security Manager (SM)
· Assist SM in reviewing and updating the Country Security Plan
· Monitor staff field movements and advise on field visits. This requires constant analysis of access and building strong networks.
· Serve as first point of contact for field staff on safety and security and access concerns or constrains.
· Assist the SM for risk assessment and analysis.
· Assist the SM in preparing and maintaining contingency plans for program activities inside Syria, particularly focusing on the safety plans for health facilities including the evacuation and relocation plans
· Assist in the management of security and safety incidents and provide flash reports with accurate analysis.
· Track security-related incidents and developments.
· Maintain frequent and constant communication with field staff,
· Review all the security tools and trackers along with the Senior Security Officer
· Contribute to periodical reports to the SM and to donors
· Provide security briefings for newly joined staff
· Monitor local media and trends
· Supervise the Senior Security Officer based in Gaziantep and remotely oversee field based security officers.
Access and *Liaison
· Conduct a full security and access analysis, evaluating current threats and possible future changes in context which could create a risk to the program
· Developing and updating list of contacts (formal/ informal) and create a stakeholders map per district and sub-district.
· Regularly update internal maps for RI AoO insecure areas with Go/No Go Zones
· Support the SM in identifying access constrains with mitigation measures.
· Liaise with other humanitarian and emergency actors on safety and security matters.
· Conduct field travel to NWS when possible.
*Training & Capacity Building
· Contribute in preparation of training on safety procedures and safety awareness as per the annual security training plan
· Develop and deliver proper safety and security to field staff including guards and drivers with more focusing on the SOPs.
· Assist the building of capacity, awareness and preparedness of staff to deal with emergency situations
Evacuation and communication drills to be conducted with a prior security orientation**
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Degree in a relevant field required, minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree or other professional degree desired.
· 3-4 years of experience in direct security management and implementation;
· Previous experience working in international non-governmental organization;
· Have a very good knowledge of the Syrian context
· Strong organizational skills;
· Excellent oral and written English and Arabic;
· High level of computer skills on MS Office programs; mapping and information experience desirable.
· Ability to work under pressure and with very short deadlines & strong communications skills.
· Flexibility, transparency, analytical skill and a sense of team work and good humor are essential to the job.
· We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
· We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value
o Transparency and accountability
o Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to email@example.com before October 30, 2020, stating in the subject “Security Coordinator**“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications