Location : Colombia based in Bogota (with frequent trips to the field)
Starting Date : As Soon As Possible
Duration of Mission : 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Our action in the field
The PUI Colombia Mission has been officially in operation since January 2019, in a consortium with Solidarités International (SI), with a focus on meeting urgent needs of Venezuelan migrants and refugees, as well as vulnerable Colombians. This is planned to be achieve through a multi-sectoral, integrated program focusing on health, shelter, protection, food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene, within programs located in North Santander, Santander and Arauca.
In North Santander and Santander, PUI is currently responding to the migrants walking from the Colombian-Venezuelan border to the city of Bucaramanga. In October 2019, the SI/PUI Consortium began the first project in Colombia, ensuring the quality operation of 4 critical refuges on the route, and the access to safe, dignified and culturally appropriate WASH and shelter. PUI will now significantly scale up this program, increasing the amount of refuges supported and include comprehensive health, mental and psychosocial support (MHPSS) and protection activities.
In Arauca, PUI Colombia are operating various Primary Healthcare Clinics, which includes a package of general medicine consultations, basic rapid testing, emergency and secondary care referrals, support to cases of sexual and gender-based violence, social support, MHPSS, and health and hygiene awareness. Also, the program will include activities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including provision of specialized technical guidance/support to local public hospitals, modified provision of essential healthcare to target populations to reduce emergency overload of local health structures, public communication relating to Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and public health, and MHPSS support relating to COVID-19.
As part of our activities in Colombia, we are looking for a Protection Technical Advisor.
The Protection Technical Advisor (PTA) will ensure high quality protection interventions of both PUI and SI in Colombia in a strategic manner, protection-mainstreaming across all programs, integrated and standalone protection activities.
The PTA will be in charge of capacity building, monitoring and capitalization and positioning in the protection field in strong collaboration with PUI and SI teams, as well as other consortium partners and forums such as the Protection Cluster. He/she will help build further the capacity of the protection team and will provide strategic guidance, trainings and tools on protection to the whole mission.
The PTA will work under the PUI HOM. In close collaboration with the other Coordinators and with the HQ Protection and Gender Advisor, the PTA will ensure the technical guidance of the teams on the field, in order to ensure that protection is well established within the organization.
The PTA must also be invited to attend specific protection related meetings such as donor meetings, Protection Cluster meetings and consortium meetings in collaboration with the team already in place.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Support the implementation of protection components within current programs and
- Provide technical guidance, technical tools and capacity building of the protection team
- Contribute to the strategic guidance of the mission on protection programming
- Represent the organisation in specific instances related with protection
- Ensure safe programming across all activities
Training and Experiences
Training: Master in humanitarian project management/ international human rights law /political sciences/social sciences
- At least 7 years’ experience in international protection program management with a minimum of 5 years in a program coordination position or a similar position in an international context
- Experience in working in environments with similar protection threats
- Strong experiences as a protection trainer and protection tools deliver based on IASC and GPC
- Strong understanding and experiences of global protection principles and relevant bodies of international law
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good and proven capacity to deliver trainings on protection
- Good and proven public representation skills
- Strong and proven capacity in diplomatically working among an integrated multi-cultural project team
- Good team player
- An individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint (advanced), Outlook
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Calm and stress resistant
Languages: Spanish and English are mandatory. French in an asset.
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract - 6 months
- Starting date: As Soon As Possible
- Monthly Gross Income: from 1 980 up to 2 310 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing: in collective guesthouse (shared with Solidarités International expatriate team)
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Do not hesitate to look at the job description here for all the details you need.
To stay up to date with our new job offers, join our Facebook group My Job In The Field.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our website.