The Data and Analytics Officer collects, analysis, stores, manages, and presents data important for the organization to enable evidenced-based decisions and for reporting purposes. S/he will present this geographical information, including from information from satellite imagery as infographics, dashboards, and dynamic maps for the organization. S/he will provide the organization decision-makers with accessible, sufficient, and timely data enabling effective design and implementation of humanitarian interventions, networking, and operational communication.
· Provide GIS support to the organization and its partners including support mission to offices in Mindanao,
· Improve, develop and apply data quality monitoring, management and analysis processes and tools,
· Monitor data quality controls and consolidate, clean and implement corrective actions,
· Produce maps to meet the organizations operational and reporting objectives,
· Collect, organize and maintain the geo-databases and maintain, file, and store geo-data and meta-data,
· Analyse and encourage the use of internal and external data sources,
· Network with external actors to improve the quality of geo-data,
· Identify, prioritize, and respond to both internal and external data needs.
· Provides the Delegation decision-makers with accessible, sufficient, and timely data enabling effective design and implementation of humanitarian interventions, networking, and operational communication.
- Produces infographic and dynamic maps/web maps in support to Public Communication.
- University degree in geography, statistics, information management or equivalent in a related field
- At least three-five (3-5) years’ work experience in GIS/Data and Analytics in a similar function
- Manages and creates GIS data including mapping
- Ability to interact effectively with data users, managers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to understand new business processes and software
- Strong knowledge in the use of ArcGIS
- Knowledge of BI, SQL, statistical packages, Tableau is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English
- A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
- Integrating in a dynamic team
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for continued learning and development
**Closing date of application: 20 October 2020***
Contract duration: Open-ended
How to apply
Qualified applicants are requested to submit by email to: email@example.com until 25 October 2020.*
2) Cover letter
Please clearly indicate in the subject line: SURNAME First name – MAN Data and Analytics Officer (CV & cover letter).
*Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is successfully filled.
*Only short-listed candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.