Advocates Abroad MHPSS Team is accepting applications from qualified psychologists, trauma therapists, and other medical professionals available to provide psychosocial services remotely and with field teams based in Greece, Italy, Turkey. Advocates on this team primarily assess and evaluate refugee clients for vulnerability in preparation for the asylum interview. The assessments take place remotely (over Skype or phone) or on-site. These Advocates further provide crisis intervention assistance, such as suicide prevention, for all refugees and asylum seekers. Lastly, this team of Advocates provides general mental health and trauma support to the other Advocates volunteers, particularly field-based teams.
Commitment & Duration:
- The duration of the position is for a one-month minimum for field teams.
- Training is provided.
- Fluency in English, with fluency in Farsi, Arabic, or French highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment toward refugee and asylum seeker aid is mandatory, particularly in the European Union.
- Integrity, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
- Degree and license in a relevant field, such as nursing, social work, psychology, or trauma therapy.
How to apply
Send CV & letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line: “Field Team Service Provider"