World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Preferred position location: Bangkok, Thailand. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate within Asia where WV is registered to operate.
As the Project Director, you will lead, direct, develop and manage all aspects of World Vision’s projects in DPRK, ensuring ministry impact of the highest, cost effective quality and accountability according to the relevant policies, protocols and standards of World Vision. You will:
- Provide strategy and leadership to the World Vision DPRK team.
- Provide strong operational management of all aspects of World Vision DPRK.
- Develop strong ministry objectives where communities, Government agencies and donors/supporters are able to directly contribute to the achievement of child well-being outcomes.
- Actively engage in and support funding acquisition
- Carry out engagement activities with partners and other stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to financial management including having low administrative cost.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, standards and requirements, including local country requirements.
- Be a role model of being a servant leader - living and leading following Christian principles.
- Degree in international development, business administration, social science, management or related discipline, preferably at Masters level.
- Minimum 8 years of international development experience including work in a developing country, preferably in project coordination/management.
- Significant experience in government relations with proven diplomatic skills.
- Experience with working in highly sensitive political contexts and capable of working with high level political leaders.
- Knowledge of humanitarian and development donor processes and requirements, with experience of proposal writing.
- English fluency, some Korean preferred.
- 15-20% international travel
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 OCT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.