The EU Aid Volunteers initiative provides volunteering opportunities to support communities in disaster-affected countries outside the EU in better preparing for crisis and responding when disaster strikes. As well as volunteering in the countries affected by disaster through full-time deployment, online volunteering is another way to get involved. Online volunteering is a way of giving your time by completing a volunteering task through the internet at home, work or university. As online volunteering is done without leaving home, financial support is not provided. Online volunteers complement the EU Aid Volunteers initiative by doing practical tasks – in areas like research, technology, translation or design – that support EU Aid Volunteers projects on the ground to reach more people and make their work more effective. For each online assignment successfully completed, online volunteers receive a certificate of completion.
For the present vacancy, the Online Volunteer will support WeWorld-GVC’s EU Programmes Department and contribute to the elaboration of thematic analysis, internal reports as well as the organisation of online workshops and events targeting mainly young people.
This is a great opportunity for those who look to engage in a new sector such as humanitarian and development affairs at European and global level, and to contribute to global education activities as well as actions aimed to enhance active citizenship on thematic focuses such as migration, social inclusion, development, climate change etc.
The candidate, with their specific set of skills, will be able to support WeWorld-GVC’s EU Programmes Department to ensure its goals.
Support the EU Programmes Department and the implementation of awareness and global education activities.
A member of the EU Programmes Department will link and facilitate material to be revised by the Online Volunteer, such as thematic analysis, articles and internal reports, in order to have joint discussion on the elaboration of the products. Moreover, a joint effort for organising online events and workshops is foreseen, under the supervision of the member of the EU Programmes Department. Periodic (weekly/bi-weekly) Skype meetings with the member of the EU Programmes Department in order to update, revise and coordinate all the tasks. The Online Volunteer should inform the member of the EU Programmes Department of her/his availability, and in case of expected delays, inform him/her on a timely manner.
- Organisational support in online workshops and events (registration of participants, monitoring technical issues, facilitation etc.) - Draft articles, internal reports and thematic analysis; - Translate texts from Italian to English and from English to Italian; - Support the organization and monitoring of activities and online events.
- Excellent command of Italian and English (spoken and written);
- IT skills: independent use of common softwares and websites;
- Very good writing skills - previous experience in writing articles and reports;
- Previous experience in organising and coordinating educational activities and workshops targeting young people.
How to apply
Expected date decision on outcome: 30/11/2020
For further questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org