For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Lebanon for nearly 30 years and specifically on the response to the Syrian crisis since 2012. The goal of MdM in Lebanon is to offer care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese affected by the Syrian crisis, the economic situation in the country and the recent blast of 4 August 2020.
MdM’s MHPSS intervention in Lebanon aims to strengthen the national mental health system and increase access to quality mental healthcare. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers (CMHCs), in coordination with partners for the substance use, gender and inclusion components.
MdM’s activities are implemented in Beirut – Mount Lebanon (BML), Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
To implement and monitor the activities, the mission in Lebanon has been set up with a team of about 40 people managed by a general coordinator and a coordination team.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator with a technical supervision from mental health and psycho social support advisor in HQ, you work closely with the other programs and support the coordinators.
Your main responsibilities are:
Program management and partners support
- Contribute to the development of MdM strategy with the coordination team
- Ensure the achievement of outcomes and implementation of activities, the quality and the consistence of the MHPSS component of the program with partners and MdM coordination team
- Propose and lead lesson-learning and evaluation dynamics, including development of tools and methodologies, in collaboration with the MEAL team and the partners of the project
- Develop, update and design MHPSS standards, protocols and good practices, internally with the MHPSS advisor in HQ and in coordination with partners
- Ensure that mental health components of the program are consistent with MdM-F strategy and the national mental health strategy and suggest any corrective measures if necessary
- Follow up on the current data collection system for mental health activities and systematize the analysis system
- Participate in the development, implementation and follow-up of researches in link with universities in Lebanon and/or abroad, and the research and advocacy unit in HQ
- Ensure the direct supervision of the MH program managers and support them in the supervision of the mental health team
- Provide technical support to the different departments of the mission when needed
- Identify the needs of MHPSS staff for the program, draft their job profiles and organize their recruitment
- Participate in the briefings and debriefings, annual reviews for MHPSS team members
- Maintain good inter-team communications
In coordination with the human resources department and the MHPSS program managers
- Identify the needs for training/support of the MH team and facilitate the implementation of a global training plan
- Participate in the design of mental health training curriculum for outreach workers and field workers
- Organize the capacity building for staff working for organizations and partners (hospital, PHCCs, NGOs) in order to ensure the integration of MH into primary healthcare and implement efficient referral system between actors
- Ensure the trainings are properly delivered by the team members, and contribute if necessary
- Provide the team with planning and organization tools
Coordination with national and international partners
- Represent MdM in coordination meetings with local authorities and national/international health and mental health partners
- Participate in other strategic and coordination meetings relevant to the MHPSS program and facilitate coordination between MdM and other relevant actors when needed
- Participate actively in technical meetings with the partners of the project to design key standardized documents and tools for MHPSS reporting and data collection, and consolidate a legal and strategic framework ensuring access to quality mental health services for all
- Provide monthly reporting about MHPSS activities
- Participate in fundraising, proposal writing to potential donors and donors reporting
- Ensure the production of summaries and analyses of the data collected and compiled
- Work in close collaboration with the mental health and psychosocial support advisor in HQ to ensure coordination and information sharing
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date : as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 073 euros
Based in Beirut with regular visits to the Bekaa valley and North Governorate
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master degree in mental health, public health background will be an asset
Experience in leading MHPSS programs and activities
Experience of work in the Middle-East
Experience in negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff in difficult contexts is an asset
Ability to take effective decisions accordingly to the context
Ability to work in a volatile security context and to apply strict security rules
Ability to manage a team and work with partners in a multi-cultural setting
Ability to have a global overview of a program and long-term strategy
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, ability to take initiatives to changing requirements
Ability to listen and to be diplomatic
Good organizational skills, including time management
Ability to manage priorities and to meet deadlines as well as work under pressure
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) is mandatory, Arabic and French are an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link : http://www.jobs.net/j/JtDnbrgD?idpartenaire=128