World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Responding in China and East Asia since the first outbreak of COVID-19 in January, World Vision (WV) launched its COVID-19 Emergency Response (COVER) on 11th March 2020 just as WHO declared a global pandemic. This grew rapidly in scale from an initial $80 million programme in 17 countries to a whole of WV Partnership response across all field regions and countries through an 18 month, $350 million global Response Plan to reach 72 million people through four objectives spanning health, WASH, food and livelihoods security, education, child protection, advocacy and external engagement. By mid-August the response had reached over 45 million people.
Here’s where you come in:
*Preferred position location: United Kingdom. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
As the Program Technical Director, COVID-19 Emergency Response, you will oversee the programming team that will provide support and guidance to Field Offices in COVER (COVID-19 Emergency Response). Because of the global nature of COVER, you will play a critical coordination and guidance role for the partnership and field offices.
You will report to the Disaster Management (DM) Strategy, Effectiveness and Digital Capabilities team but will be required to collaborate with a wide range of partnership stakeholders and understand World Vision business processes in development, advocacy and disaster management.
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations, or related study.
- 5-8 years of proven experience in emergency responses or related field.
- Work experience as Program Manager at least for 1-3 years in a country other than the home country.
- Understand Humanitarian Industry and have proven experience within a relief setting.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and working remotely.
- Familiarity with major humanitarian codes, principles and practice.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position is a “remote working” position and requires flexibility in trying to manage work-life balance.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 30 SEPT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.