Job Title: Digital and Social Media Officer
Reports to Aswatona Project Director
Location Erbil, Iraq
LOE : Part Time
Type of Contract : Fixed Term
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Our vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly launched hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews is a charity operating internationally, with administrative centres in California, Washington DC, London and Paris as well as regional hubs in Bangkok, Kiev and Nairobi. Formed in 1982, Internews currently has offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America.
Internews is looking for a motivated and creative individual to join our Team in Iraq as a Digital and Social Media Officer. This is a part time position for the duration of 6 months with the possibility of extension depending on need and availability of funds.
The Digital and Social Media Officer will be responsible for the management of the social media platforms and for supporting with video production and design as well as monitoring and evaluation efforts related to the project’s digital outputs. As our Digital & Social Media Officer, you will lead on the day to day management of the project’s social media channels, including planning and disseminating content, with a focus on delivering engaging content that will grow our number of followers, with a view of them becoming supporters.
Position is based in Erbil, Iraq.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing and implement the social media strategy for the project and set goals to increase users engagement.
- Manage all project social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Plan content and delivery and use tools to manage multiple social media channels.
- Create engaging multimedia content to promote project outputs and calls for application.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Instruct other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within the project team.
- Supporting the M&E Officer in developing data collection and data analysis tools.
- Measuring sparks, reaches and engagements of social media posts and providing regular reports.
- Support the M&E Officer in quantitative and qualitative analysis of Facebook discussions.
- Providing ad hoc website analytics for other project websites and digital platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Other ad hoc tasks as assigned by the project director.
- Proven experience managing social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Experience of developing social media strategies, both for channel growth and for specific campaigns
- Experience in understanding and reporting on social media analytics;
- Proven track record of growing social media audience; boosting posts.
- Competent using Microsoft Office packages;
- Strong communication, verbal & written skills in English, Arabic and Kurdish;
- Experience with video editing packages such as Final Cut and Adobe Premiere;
- Experience with photo editing packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and Photo Mechanic.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- knowledgeable in media analytics multitasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Patience and can work under stress
- Having BSc degree in relevant field.
Interested candidates need to send their CVs to “IQ-HR@internews.org” no later than September 30, 2020 with the subject line “Digital & Social Media Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, applications sent beyond that date will not be considered.
CVs in formats other than word and PDF will be disregarded.