About the role
The M&E Specialist monitor and evaluate results and impacts of the program, provide a basis for decision making on necessary amendments and improvements, and promote accountability for resource use. The M&E Specialist plays a key role, with a broad range of responsibilities related to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and programmatic components of grants. This includes establishing a framework to measure performance, enabling M&E systems strengthening, liaising with technical partners to improve service quality, and identifying opportunities and strategies to overcome implementation bottlenecks to maximize efficiencies and impact. The incumbent will contribute to the design and management of grants using professional knowledge and experience. S/he will be the technical reference point on M&E and programmatic issues for Country Teams and will ensure effective implementation and compliance with the Global Fund M&E policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that Global Fund’s investments are appropriate to the country’s epidemiological context, are in alignment with National Strategic Plans, strategic investment frameworks and programmatic gap analysis.
- Facilitate alignment with latest guidance provided by technical partners and consistent application of the Global Fund policies and procedures.
- Negotiate indicators and targets for grant monitoring and assessment of performance.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen M&E systems and improve program and data quality.
- Build the capacity of the Ministry of Health and other national stakeholders on M&E through lectures and workshops
- Support the creation of an M&E unit within Ministry of Health with technical expertise and on the job coaching
- Supervision, capacity building and coaching for M&E staff
- Coordinate the collection, processing and analysis of the information on the approved indicators for the monitoring of the implementation of the components of the Global Fund.
- Provide periodic information to the CCM on the monitoring of the GF program,
- Coordinate the preparation of the quarterly reports to be submitted to the Global Fund, LFA and the CCM
- Coordinate the Ad-hoc site visits that may be required by the Global Fund and its agents as required.
- Coordinate the capacity building activities of the Ministry of Health and sub recipients in the area of M&E.
- Support in the different activities that are assigned by the Global Fund Programme Adviser that relate to M&E
- Define and recommend the M&E plan and methodology for the components of the Global Fund.
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Social Sciences or related field
- A minimum 7 years of relevant experience in planning, programming, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the health sector, notably in monitoring and evaluating health programs in developing countries
- Specific The Global Fund experience will be preferable
- Ability to interpret performance results of health programs and analyse the implications of such results in the country context;
- Strong understanding of public health monitoring and evaluation systems;
- A thorough knowledge of epidemiology and programmatic interventions related to Malaria
- Understanding of the dimensions of health service quality and familiarity with reviewing and interpreting national service delivery guidelines;
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds; and
- Strong professional oral communication and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.